Missing ABS Wires or No ABS ? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Missing ABS Wires or No ABS ?

over's ga
08-06-2012, 02:48 PM
I'm in Phoenix area, just bought a 04 SE about a month ago from guy who had car in Mexico on regular basis, the dr. side wheel hub/bearing is bad, went to change it and it has wire loom from anti lock hubs in factory clip but nothing connected to it! (both sides)

I looked under/around all over & can't find the chassis wires that should go to front wheels, under hood I thought I saw ABS pump but not sure. (no abs warning light is lit)
Any ideas on this?

I have seen in past Mexico delivered cars (all makes) with different options or odd feature delete, I honestly don't know where this Grand Am was delivered

sugar ray
08-06-2012, 10:48 PM
You would think a SE would have ABS. However, if you are not getting any warning lights in the dash and there are no visible signs of a harness leading to the hubs then I would think it did not have that option. GM probably stocked all their hubs with the ABS feature. If it were a basic model that might be the dead give away. However, I thought (could be wrong) that the SE's had the full meal deal??

over's ga
08-06-2012, 11:00 PM
I confirmed today, this car has no ABS, no abs pump or traction control, (no traction control off switch on dash.

does seem odd on SE, but on other GA forum it looks like '03 is last year ABS was standard. since the late 80s in Chicago on snowy, icy streets abs has saved my butt many times, now in Phoenix not needed so much

sugar ray
08-08-2012, 12:08 AM
coolness!! I just learned something!! I didn't think GM would produce 2 different kinds of hubs. 1 for ABS and 1 NOT??