wiering harness [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : wiering harness

chillaxer32
08-12-2012, 03:33 PM
hello, i went to walmart and canadian tire, i can only find a wiering harness for ponitac 89 to 98. i have a 2000 grand am gt, would that part be compatible? I also seen a 01 to 05, none that actully said 2000 grand am. would i have to special order can would ither of those work? also same situation with the instalation kit, it currently has a kit for a 2000 sunfire gt, would that bracket fit in y 2000 grand am? also this is my first time installing, its a jensen dvd player if anyone has a step by step on install procedure that would be great, please include the by pass to be able to have dvd going while driving (for passenger ofcourse) thanks so much in advance

chillaxer32
08-12-2012, 03:35 PM
sorry i also forgot to ask, i have lost the remote to this car dvd stereo, is there anyway to get universal remotes for in dash players?

AaronGTR
08-12-2012, 04:42 PM
Why do you need to replace the entire wiring harness? That's not an easy task, especially since there is not complete disconnect between the interior and the engine compartment at the firewall. Anyway...

I don't know why they wouldn't list a 2000 harness. It should be pretty much the same as the 2001. Actually they changed the cam sensor harness lead in 2003, so I don't even know why they would list the harness as '01-'05 because they aren't the same... unless they aren't including the injector harness. That's the only thing I can think of though.

For the radio, there are no universal remotes that I can think of. The coding is usually manufacturer specific. I'd say your best bet would be to contact the company who made your radio.

EDIT: never mind the first half. It wasn't clear you weren't talking about the engine harness, but I just saw your post in the audio/video section. There is no need to post in multiple sections. ;) Please keep posts in their relevant sections. As for the harness, why would you need a harness for a radio install? Most radios come with a universal harness adapter that you can splice into your factory harness. All you need is a wiring diagram for the stock harness that tells you which color wire goes to which speaker. We can give you that here.

chillaxer32
08-12-2012, 07:07 PM
my appogies for posting in multipal sections, i didnt relize as im new to this forum, when i seen a audio listing i posted there but did not remove the first listing. I bought the kit labled 01 to 05, its just a connector that as you said i slpice into the stock connector wires. If you have a diagram of what colors i attatch the kit too that would be great, id assume the stock wires would already be colour coded and i just match colours but im not sure as i havnt went in yet. again the car is a 2000 gt sedan

2000 GT Coupe
08-12-2012, 07:35 PM
you want the adapter to fit into the factory radio plug, that is a better option then cutting the plug and trying to splice the wire.
I do not think you will find that at walmart, unfortunately same for the install kit your best bet is to look at amazon, or a car stereo website, as to a radio remote just order one from jenson I would guess they are fairly cheap.

2000 GT Coupe
08-12-2012, 07:46 PM
http://www.walmart.com/search/search-ng.do?search_query=GM02B&ic=16_0&Find=Find&search_constraint=0

walmart has it online only, you can get it sent to your store