Overheat issue [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Overheat issue

xUnderCoverHoBo
08-13-2012, 10:39 PM
Has anyone had any engine overheating issues at idle? I had some issues and i brought it in because i couldnt find the problem they couldnt find any issues besides radiater cap they removed and had some mud and crap in it.cleaned out and still when cars at idle(like a drive thru) it will be about 215 degrees. Is this normal has anyone had the same thing happen?

AaronGTR
08-13-2012, 11:39 PM
OMG....

Do a search! This is TOTALLY normal. These cars are designed to run hot. Your fans don't even turn on yet at 215.

EDIT #1: Seriously... don't mean to blow up at you, but I'm getting sooo tired of seeing clueless people asking this question thinking their car is overheating. The search function is there for a reason. Use it first before you ask a question.

EDIT#2: also this has nothing to do with performance, so why did you post in the "all go" section? This should be in tech Q&A. Some of you noobs seriously need to read the forum guidelines and learn how to post. Moving this...

xUnderCoverHoBo
08-14-2012, 12:35 AM
Sorry. And i know im a noob thats why im on here for advice. Lol you guys know so much more about these cars then me. Im just a poor 19 y.o from minnesota lol.

xUnderCoverHoBo
08-14-2012, 12:38 AM
Also i do use search function but ive been away from a computer all day and only had my phone and it wont load on here

greddy2race
08-16-2012, 09:17 PM
If there was "mud and crap" inside your radiator cap, you should definitely check the rest of your coolant to make sure there is nothing wrong. if it doesn't look quite right I would recommend a flush. My 99 GT normally runs at about 190 on a warm day, but traffic and hot weather will heat it up to about 210. Just some food for thought.

TDavis
08-16-2012, 09:34 PM
Yea mine gets to 215 if I'm sitting in traffic for a while and the fan isn't even on till a tiny bit after. Then when I get movin for a while its just under 200 so its normal, no worries.