PDA

View Full Version : Rear Speakers

UndeadGods
08-18-2012, 12:13 PM
Ok so I have:

DVD+Nav deck
2 Front speakers + tweakers installed
2 Subs + amp

I have 2 new Sony speakers to replace the back ones, but the adapter on the car is really weird, how do I rewire it? There are 4 wires for each speaker.. I DO have my Monsoon amp running for the front speakers, so I'd like to wire it correct so that the back ones are running on it as well.
Any suggestions?

GTfiend
08-19-2012, 11:10 AM
Sorry to butt in... The monsoon amp runs both front and back speakers? I was told it ran back speakers only...

UndeadGods
08-19-2012, 11:17 AM
Sorry to butt in... The monsoon amp runs both front and back speakers? I was told it ran back speakers only...

Oh, wasnt aware of that. Well how do I rewire it to just backs then?

GTfiend
08-20-2012, 09:55 PM
not sure. Hopefully someone chimes in because I will be wiring up my car soon and would love to hear what people have to say. One question I have is if I get an amp and sub installed can I keep the factory deck? Can I keep the monsoon amp wired to the back speakers?

rocketfast123
08-21-2012, 08:19 AM

The 01+ monsoon powers all speakers. The 99-2000 premium sound only powers the 6x9

destroyer179
08-27-2012, 11:50 AM
If each one of your speakers has four wires then you'll have to do a little research on wiring speakers in parallel or series. Doing that affects what ohms your speakers run at and they need to be 4 ohms for the stock amp.