Tranny temp gauge help/npt port help [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Tranny temp gauge help/npt port help

ottosgrandam
08-22-2012, 08:11 PM
I purchased a glowshift tranny temp gauge and ive been reading the forums on how to wire and it says that you can screw the sensor into the npt port between the trans lines to the radiator. I found the trans lines and unscrewed the bolt between the lines on what looks like a sensor or something like that and thats where im stuck.

My questions are did i unscrew the right one and if i did how do i get the old one out? I cant seem to turn the sensor loose.

So any pixs or info would be appreciated

AaronGTR
08-22-2012, 10:58 PM
I purchased a glowshift tranny temp gauge and ive been reading the forums on how to wire and it says that you can screw the sensor into the npt port between the trans lines to the radiator. I found the trans lines and unscrewed the bolt between the lines on what looks like a sensor or something like that and thats where im stuck.

My questions are did i unscrew the right one and if i did how do i get the old one out? I cant seem to turn the sensor loose.

So any pixs or info would be appreciated

There is no sensor there. The nut between the lines just goes on a stud in the trans case and that is what holds the lines to the trans. That is not what you want to take out. There is a NPT thread plug in the case right below the lines. That is the pressure test port, and that is where you want to put your temp sensor.

ottosgrandam
08-23-2012, 04:11 PM
ok thank you i appreciate it