po300 problem help plz [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : po300 problem help plz

mi coloradita
08-24-2012, 09:54 AM
first of all im new :):), well i have a grand am gt 2003 i have a problem with that code i just changed the spark plug, spark plug wires, and all the coils but it crank and doesn't start , in the mornings doesn't start but in the afternoons it starts like new, and the fuel pump sounds good can anyone help me pleasee, thank you

msmith1956
08-24-2012, 12:22 PM
Here is a link to more info on the code you have showing: http://www.obd-codes.com/p0300

Judging from what you say you've already tried, I'd look for a possible vacuum leak.

danscan1712
08-24-2012, 01:53 PM
recheck all wires and make sure they are going to the correct cylinder.
check that spacing on the wires is maintained. Wires being too close can cause an errant spark.

I would also check that all wires (not the plug wires) are connected.

Finally a vacuum leak may be a culprit since it seems to be the culprit of everything :)
You can check on You tube to see how to look for a vacuum. Leak but basicly it takes either squirting carb cleaner (dangerous as it might catch fire) or using propane torch without the flame (see the youtube clip for specifics). Basicly you put your spary or propane at different parts of the engine to that would have a vacuum leak and listen for a change in the engine ideal. Then tighten something when you hear the engine idle change.

But seriously check out the youtube videos for finding a vacuum leak. and don't blow yourself up.

mi coloradita
08-24-2012, 02:42 PM
Here is a link to more info on the code you have showing: http://www.obd-codes.com/p0300

Judging from what you say you've already tried, I'd look for a possible vacuum leak.
oooh okayy yeahh thank youu ima check right now that:)
recheck all wires and make sure they are going to the correct cylinder.
check that spacing on the wires is maintained. Wires being too close can cause an errant spark.

I would also check that all wires (not the plug wires) are connected.

Finally a vacuum leak may be a culprit since it seems to be the culprit of everything :)
You can check on You tube to see how to look for a vacuum. Leak but basicly it takes either squirting carb cleaner (dangerous as it might catch fire) or using propane torch without the flame (see the youtube clip for specifics). Basicly you put your spary or propane at different parts of the engine to that would have a vacuum leak and listen for a change in the engine ideal. Then tighten something when you hear the engine idle change.

But seriously check out the youtube videos for finding a vacuum leak. and don't blow yourself up.

yeahh i check all the wires and they are in the correct cylinder, so it can be a vacuum leak let me check the videos thank youu for your responses guyss i appreciate that :):)