SE GT fenders interchangable? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : SE GT fenders interchangable?

stillriza
08-27-2012, 03:45 AM
Quick question? Are the GT & SE fenders interchangable on both models? i.e Can I throw on SE fenders on a gt and throw on the gt side skirts? Those who have done the GT conversion would know. I am more inclined to think they do.

Reason being, I am looking to replace my right side fender and junk yards have se fenders, painted instock but weren't sure if SE would fit my GT.

On a side note, the word 'interchangable' doesn't work on the search.

UndeadGods
08-27-2012, 07:15 AM
As long as you are not going from a 2door to a 4door (or vice versa). Body style is the same, they just threw different plastic pieces on.

Gtomike72
08-27-2012, 02:55 PM
Yes! My gt was wrecked on the door/fender, I bought a grand am se fender and just have to pull the molding off and double side tape the gt molding back on. No drilling holes/ bolts right on

AaronGTR
08-27-2012, 02:56 PM
2dr vs 4dr doesn't even matter in this case. The only removable fenders are the fronts, and they are the same on GT and SE. They aren't any different on the coupe or sedan either.

1HOT SE
08-27-2012, 08:57 PM
How about the fiberglass or duraflex fenders with the vents as an alternative? I thought about going this route as well, but decided against it due to cost.

AaronGTR
08-27-2012, 09:45 PM
no, they are ugly and ill fitting. lol Stick with stock.

stillriza
08-27-2012, 09:48 PM
No, sticking with stock, especially since they are paint matched already from another 2003 GA. Thanks all for confirming my suspicions.