Dash Lights Gone [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Dash Lights Gone

destroyer179
08-31-2012, 10:46 PM
When i started my car tonight after work i noticed that there were no lights behind the instrument panel. There is also no light behind the hvac panel. I checked both of the fuses related to the ipc and they are not blown. Also, there was nothing else drawing power when they went out. Subs were off, radio off and no ac running. The SVS light is on now though.

Shade2012
09-01-2012, 12:01 PM
When i started my car tonight after work i noticed that there were no lights behind the instrument panel. There is also no light behind the hvac panel. I checked both of the fuses related to the ipc and they are not blown. Also, there was nothing else drawing power when they went out. Subs were off, radio off and no ac running. The SVS light is on now though.

Check your dimmer switch. SVS light could be something else, like a headlight out maybe. I dont know. lol

destroyer179
09-01-2012, 01:34 PM
If I pull out the dimmer switch could I check it with a volt meter and find out if it's working? I do know that the fog light switch is not turning the fog lights on. Do you think the relay for those could be bad and having adverse effects on other things?

Check your dimmer switch. SVS light could be something else, like a headlight out maybe. I dont know. lol

Shade2012
09-01-2012, 04:05 PM
Well, I meant make sure your dimmer wheel isnt turned all the way to the left. But check the fuse for the fogs and replace it and see if that works. Couldnt hurt.

destroyer179
09-01-2012, 04:30 PM
Oh ok. Yeah that was one of the first things i checked. That and to make sure if the ebrake was all the way down. The other odd thing is that if you turn the dimmer all the right it still turns on the interior lights. I'm at work right now but when I get home ill try and check the fog relay with the voltmeter and see if there's an actual fog fuse.

destroyer179
09-01-2012, 09:39 PM
The relay appears to be ok. I had someone over at the OC tell me that they had the same problem and had to replace this: http://www.autozone.com/autozone/parts/_/N-9ciat?itemIdentifier=103782_0_0_

After I get a few more specifics from them I might try this tomorrow.

destroyer179
09-06-2012, 04:10 PM
Well I replaced the dimmer module and no dice. Now I really don't know what to do.

Redboneohio
09-18-2012, 10:45 PM
Do the light on the radio and gear box light up? If not i'll check the fuse box on the passenger side. It's a 10A fuse mine didn't work into I replace it and the cruise control fuse last week.

destroyer179
09-22-2012, 09:56 AM
I totally forgot about this thread! I had finally narrowed down that i was blowing the parking lamp fuses. Its a 15a under the hood by the horn fuse. I ended up replacing the multifunction unit, hazard switch, and dimmer switch. The multifunction unit started smoking one day and was causing those fuses to blow and shorted out the other switches. Everything works great now :)

Bretskii
09-22-2012, 02:06 PM
It's possible the bulbs could have blown?