Very High idling problem [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Very High idling problem

ottosgrandam
09-11-2012, 08:21 PM
I bought a 65 mm billet throttle body and a 65 mm ported upper intake manifold, and my car is having some serious problems idling and i tried alot of different things. But i have a 2001 grand am gt 3400 v6 with a 65 mm tb and ported upper intake manifold. Its idling at 2000 rpms when started and will go up to 2500 rpms if it stays running for awhile. its not a vacuum leak because the car chokes out when i cover the mass air flow vent with my hand and cant seem to find any place where it seems to be leaking. Does the tb have a throttle adjustment on it or do i need to retune my computer.. Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated

MAC the KNIFE
09-11-2012, 08:38 PM
yes, the 65 tb has a throttle adjustment on it. but it's set pretty accurate from the factory. i had a problem when i first put mine on. the throttle cable was wrapped around something, not letting it shut all the way. when all the filter stuff is unconnected, and the car off, you can easily see the throttle plate. is it shut 100% or not? if it's all installed properly, check that you plugged the wire back into your IAC, the little plunger thingy that installs in the passage way above the throttle plate.

ottosgrandam
09-11-2012, 09:53 PM
it looks closed to me and all the sensors are plugged in