Starter... what to do??? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Starter... what to do???

Dirtball
09-19-2012, 05:24 PM
I have been having starting troubles. I just checked my numbers at the starter, and got these: constant hot to the big terminal 12.94. Switched hot to the little solenoid terminal is 12.23. Therefore, I know the problem is not in the key switch or passlock system. I pulled the starter and had it tested at Advance and it tested fine, and they took out a new one to compare numbers. What do the voltage numbers tell me to do? Is the 12.20 enough to the little post, or should it be higher? Solenoid problems? Just replace the starter anyway? Any other possibilities that I'm missing? Does this eliminate any under hood relays or the neutral safety switch (if that's what you call it with an automatic) since I AM getting key switched voltage to the solenoid?

Dirtball
09-20-2012, 08:57 AM
You mean to tell me that all of the accumulated knowledge here can't even give me an opinion?? C'mon guys and gals, that's all I'm looking for!! :angel

young gun
09-20-2012, 10:46 AM
idk **** about your problem lol. If you took the starter out.. why not try a new one and if that doesn't work just return it?