HID help... [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : HID help...

Shade2012
09-23-2012, 12:51 PM
Alright so last night I went out to drive my car and my headlights will not turn on. They are the HID ddmtuning 8000k ones. I replaced two fuses and switched out one relay as well under the hood. Am i missing something? They later began to flicker a little then just stayed off the rest of the time. It has to be something simple but I'm just missing it. Anyone have any ideas? Everything was working fine two days ago. The SVS light is on of course. All connections looked good, but it was dark and i didnt have time to do a detailed inspection.

I did some searching and didnt find anything so i apologize if this has been asked. Thanks guys. Any help will be appreciated.

Shade2012
09-23-2012, 07:10 PM
No one?

2000 GT Coupe
09-23-2012, 11:33 PM
bad ballast?

though both going at once is strange

TDavis
09-23-2012, 11:42 PM
In the end if you can't find a solution, DDM Tuning has life-time warranties on their ballasts.

Shade2012
09-24-2012, 07:15 AM
Yeah thats why I'm confused. If it was just one I would have replaced it.

But I'm stuck, however the same day this happened my air conditioner broke as well. None of the settings work on it and it doesnt even blow air out. Coincidence maybe? I'm getting really tired of dumping money into this car but since I'm in college there really is no other choice.

TDavis
09-24-2012, 07:25 AM
With getting an used/older car I would assume that you would know the consequences that come with one. There are going to be some problems and if you plan on keeping that car for a while your going to have to put some money into it.

Shade2012
09-24-2012, 07:27 AM
With getting an used/older car I would assume that you would know the consequences that come with one. There are going to be some problems and if you plan on keeping that car for a while your going to have to put some money into it.

Obviously, however I've put close to 3 grand into it within the last year. Almost more than what the car is worth.