Please Help!!! [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Please Help!!!

chadeyboy
09-24-2012, 02:19 PM
I have two problems.... First is I can't find the pcv valve location.... lol yes i know its kinda in an obvious place I just don't remember where it is at and I am having issues findin it. I have the 2.4 Litre grand am se 4cyl. Also I have an issue with the cooling/heating fan for A/C-Heat I will have it on for a short while an when it started to be perfect temp. it starts to shut off when I have it on full blast.... and number 1 or 2 on the interior fan knob wont work just 3, 4, 5 will work. I was thinking it would be a switch or a relay but haven't figured it out yet... if anyone else has had this problem or know how to fix this I would like to know! thanks for your help.

shiwnath
09-24-2012, 02:23 PM
The 2.4s don't have PCV valves like the 3400s.

chadeyboy
09-24-2012, 02:26 PM
Thats confusing because I have went to auto parts stores and asked if they have one as well as talking looking it up online. so I am not sure if there is one but I have had a few people say there is a pcv valve on the 2.4l so idk....

TDavis
09-24-2012, 02:27 PM
About the 1 or 2 fans not working. You need a new blower motor resistor. You can get it from a Napa or O'Reilly's store. They are around $18-$23, pretty cheap.

Its a common problem, it happened to me recently and fixed it easily. It's located under the glove box, you only have to remove the black cover and you should see a plug that you need to unplug then unscrew that plug and thats the resistor.

It's not hard nor is it easy. Its just tedious since its in a tight space.

AaronGTR
09-24-2012, 10:10 PM
Not super familiar with 2.4's, but it doesn't appear to have a pcv valve. All modern engines have crank case ventilation systems of some sort, but the 3.4 has a pcv valve mounted in the front valve cover that it uses to draw air through the engine, and it looks like the 2.4 uses a different method. I'm not sure where it all hooks to, but a quick look in my manual showed something called an air/oil separator that bolts to the block, which has a "fresh air" tube and a "foul air" tube hooked to it. This would be needed since there is oil mist mixed into the crank case air. But anyway, no PCV valve.

As for the blower fans, it's just as the other guys said. Your blower motor resistor is burned up. They are pretty cheap, but it's up under the passenger side dash so you have to be kind of a contortionist to replace it.

And lastly... this has nothing to do with "all go". This should be in the tech questions section. ;)

jroc99
09-25-2012, 04:52 AM
About the 1 or 2 fans not working. You need a new blower motor resistor. You can get it from a Napa or O'Reilly's store. They are around $18-$23, pretty cheap.

Its a common problem, it happened to me recently and fixed it easily. It's located under the glove box, you only have to remove the black cover and you should see a plug that you need to unplug then unscrew that plug and thats the resistor.

It's not hard nor is it easy. Its just tedious since its in a tight space.

Yah go to Napa.. GM replaced mine 2 or 3 times.. and it failed again.. I took matters into my own hands and got the part at Napa and did it myself.
It's a tricky spot to get to but you can manage. It's been fine ever since.