Fan/blower electrical issue... [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Fan/blower electrical issue...

greddy2race
09-29-2012, 09:11 PM
I have noticed that whenever I turn on my blower for either heat or a/c, the engine rpms jump then fall low causing my GT to stall. The same thing happens if my car gets too hot and the fans turn on. I have been told that it could be an electrical problem such as a double ground. But I don't even know where to start looking to diagnose this issue.

pongagt
10-01-2012, 05:09 PM
I have noticed that whenever I turn on my blower for either heat or a/c, the engine rpms jump then fall low causing my GT to stall. The same thing happens if my car gets too hot and the fans turn on. I have been told that it could be an electrical problem such as a double ground. But I don't even know where to start looking to diagnose this issue.

You probably need a idle control valve. It should increase the engine rpm when your ac compressor turns on. You should check the circuit that triggers this first. I don't really know how to do it because i have not had that problem before. My friend's shop just had a grand am in there that had a low idle because of that valve. I never heard of a double ground. It sounds like the valve is not responding to additional electrical loads on the engine.