stereo wont work [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : stereo wont work

Dacota25d
10-09-2012, 11:41 AM
so im trying to put a new deck in my car and it wont turn on when i follow the wiring for it. I taped into a switched power source and all the lights in the car turn on and dont shut off untill i unplug the wires but the stereo wont turn on. so i changed it so the constant power wire on the stereo side was hooked to the switched power on the car when i did that the stereo turns on but obviously doesnt shut of. any ideas why it wont work when connected to the switched power?

destroyer179
10-12-2012, 02:04 PM
Check the end of the wire that is going to your switch. It's possible that your switch works but it isn't wired properly, so there isn't any power going to your stereo. Pictures of all your stuff would be helpful as well.

thormxkid
10-16-2012, 10:07 AM
for your ignition wire tie into the brown thick wire in your car ignition harness (where your key goes)... other then that get a volt meter and test the red and the yellow wire for 12 volts one of which will be with your key in the on or acc position.

check your ground is good too.

thats all i got.

guess should have asked this first is this the first aftermarket radio this cars had put in?