Glove Box trigger switch [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Glove Box trigger switch

handon
10-18-2012, 04:39 PM
I'm not sure if this is in the correct section, not sure if I'm even asking a question that has any answers, and yes I have searched for this, and canít find anything relevant, BUT my issue is that I have but a couple small 3-SMD warm white LED strips in the glove box and Iím trying to wire into the stock light trigger switch in the box, but it does not respond. Currently I have it hardwired directly to the plug that plugs into the switch itself, but the way itís wired, itís always on, until it times out like the dome light (roughly 10 minutes). Iíve always had issues with it since Iíve had the car, but it would sometimes work with an incandescent T10 (194/168).

I have not yet tried a resistor in parallel, because I donít think itís relevant, but do you guys have any other suggestions as far as trying to take the switch apart to clean it, or do I in fact need the resistor, or would anyone know anything? Are these swithes notorious for going bad, etc?

TDavis
10-18-2012, 04:44 PM
Yeah all I used was a 194 white LED for the glove box. It lights it up enough to where you can see perfectly fine and not so damn bright like LED strips.

I'm sure there are people here that can help you though.

BTW where the fk is Rogersvillle, MO? lol

handon
10-18-2012, 04:51 PM
Alright, I might just have to splice it into my footwell switch for the time being. :/

Rogersville is in southwest Missouri, just about 10 miles east of Springfield. 45 minutes north of Branson, if that helps any.

TruGreenGAGT
10-19-2012, 04:59 AM
THIS IS WHAT I DID TO MINE (http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/showthread.php?t=85586)

mounted some LED strips then took apart a spare LED bulb to use the base......ran the wires from the strips into the spare LED base and plugged it into the stock bulb socket.....everything works just like OEM

hope that helps

handon
10-23-2012, 12:20 PM
Thanks both of you for the replies. It is working now, but I had to take the trigger switch apart and dremel out the hole from which the pin protrudes, because it was not coming out all the way to switch the light on, but it is working now.

Thanks again