Is my car dieing? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Is my car dieing?

ClintonP929
11-03-2012, 04:50 PM
Hello guys, I have a 2002 Grand Am, it has 239000 Kilometers on it. A few months back my service engine soon light went on. And more recently but occasionally my transmission feels like it wants to die, such as when I put it into drive the car makes a clanking sound and the car seems to jump a bit, same with when it switches gears. But doesn't happen always, probably like one every couple of weeks id say, but when it does I turn my car off and back on, and it still does it, but when I leave it for like 20 mins it fixes itself and feels normal again with smooth shifts and no jumpy clankyness. So im wondering if anyone else has had this problem? And is it a tough fix? I should also mention, something else I found weird is my car beeps 6 times after I turn it on? (Might have always happened I dont remember, one of my friends mentioned that, and it surprised me, because ive never noticed) Feedback is appreciated :)

tagurit
11-03-2012, 05:04 PM
Have you tried to take it to like Advanced Auto or something similar to check your codes? That may give you a broad set of codes, but you can narrow it down a bit. Try that 1st, and go from there. Hope that helps. GL

tipnitty
11-03-2012, 05:10 PM
Dying*

stewartfn18
11-03-2012, 09:14 PM
the car has been dead for 7 years

Fireball
11-04-2012, 09:53 AM
Did you get your codes read?

I mean a check engine light is usually trying to tell you something...

shiwnath
11-04-2012, 10:06 AM
It'll beep 6 times if you dont have your seatbelt on when you turn the key to the on position. I think that's in the owners manual somewhere.

ClintonP929
11-04-2012, 09:12 PM
It'll beep 6 times if you dont have your seatbelt on when you turn the key to the on position. I think that's in the owners manual somewhere.

Ok, that makes sense thanks! I put my seatbelt on after I select a song to play :b so not till a min after its started!