Service Vehicle Soon Light [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Service Vehicle Soon Light

ALindquist
11-12-2012, 10:58 AM
Light came on the other day, stopped at Advanced Auto today and scanned it. Scanner picked up

P0128 - coolant temp below regulating temp
C1298 - I couldn't figure out what that really was
C1225 - Left front excessive wheel speed sensor variation

I'm not too worried about the first and last one as I'm pretty sure they're relatively easy fixes, however I have no idea what that second code is. The scanner had no definition for it. My car is way overdue on inspection so I really need to fix these quick. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

sleepyalero
11-12-2012, 01:37 PM
The DTC C1298 indicates either the EBCM is not transmitting information to the PCM or the PCM is not receiving information from the EBCM. The TAC cases indicate that the EBCM grounds or applied ignition voltage is the most common cause of the code setting, outside of an EBCM failure. The particular grounds in question are G102, G103, and G105. The applied ignition voltage is fed by the ignition switch, circuit 3, through the ABS/EVO/IGN 15 amp fuse in the underhood fuse block to pin A11 of the EBCM on circuit 139.
Checking and qualifying these circuits should lead the technician to the cause of the DTC setting.
Please follow this diagnostic or repair process thoroughly and complete each step. If the condition exhibited is resolved without completing every step, the remaining steps do not need to be performed.

Read more: diagnostic repair for chassis codes C1254 and C1298 on ... - JustAnswer http://www.justanswer.com/chevy/0xkhz-diagnostic-repair-chassis-codes-c1254-c1298.html#ixzz2C2iP5LY0

ALindquist
11-12-2012, 01:59 PM
Yeah I read that when I searched the code on Google, however it seemed a little vague I was hoping for a more comprehensive answer

unchained_01
11-12-2012, 03:18 PM
Comprehensive ?? There is no easy fix here Your going to have to tear into it and find out if you contacts are corroded or your wheel bearing is shot
It could be as simple as a speed sensor harness wire corroded or broken
Due to the C1225 being set means your going to need a whell bearing soon
I would check that harness first and continuity test it Its a pretty common thing with these cars