Has anyone else had this issue? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone else had this issue?

ItsMeScottG
12-17-2012, 08:27 PM
My 2003 GA SE2 has a leak some where, every time it rains, water drips down from inside the passanger side fuse box and down into the front passanger side floor board. This is very annoying and I keep on having to dry out my car every time. I have been unable to find the leak and I am wondering if anyone has experienced this problem or knows how to fix it?

bricooper78
12-17-2012, 08:45 PM
http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1474&highlight=water+leak

ItsMeScottG
12-17-2012, 08:56 PM
Thanks, have you tried this? Looks interesting worth a try

bricooper78
12-17-2012, 09:04 PM
Iirc, this was part of the technical bulletin for dealerships to fix. it was a "known issue" type of thing. There are other things that can do it, like a clogged drainhole for the sunroof, search up on that, I think I remember one that was pretty simple, length of bailing wire and cleared it right out, but idk if that was here, or gaoc..

MAC the KNIFE
12-18-2012, 05:48 PM
i dont have time to read that whole tech bulletin again. the wet pass. floor usually happens from the fresh air intake. the black plastic weatherstrip around the windshield was unglued and water was dripping straight into the a/c blower intake, then dripping down the front firewall and puddling in the front floor.

i went all out, built a shroud to cover the intake and keep rain out, instead of just fixing the problematic weatherstrip.