Power Steering Pressure hose line? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Power Steering Pressure hose line?

MercenaryX2
01-11-2013, 01:09 PM
I have a power steering hose leak and I'm not sure if this is the pressure line or the return line. You can see a pin hole leak streaming out in the picture. Anyone know which one it is? This is looking from underneath the car right at the rack obviously.

AaronGTR
01-11-2013, 04:40 PM
That's the return line. The pressure line from the pump is the one that's a hard line going across the top of the frame. The return line is the rubber one that goes across to a small loop of hard line bolted under the passenger side of the car (that serves as the fluid cooler) then it goes up to the nipple on the back of the fluid reservoir on the PS pump.

I'm surprised your line only has some wire loom over it. My car is a 2000 and it had a silver heat reflective wrap around the rubber line. Still not enough to stop it from getting a hole eventually though. I don't know why GM didn't make that one hard line too, since it goes right beneath the down pipe.

The line itself isn't very expensive. Not that hard to replace either if you know what you're doing. Couple hours to replace it, then refill the system and bleed the air out.