Manual window sash/window guides help [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Manual window sash/window guides help

flog_gnaw
01-18-2013, 11:59 AM
So last night me and my girlfriend after coming home from a couple of brews had a nice little surprise when my window decided to completely fall into the door... Not to mention it was less than ten degrees outside, I sobered up quickly. I've been doing some research and my best guess from everything I've read is that it's the window sash clips/ window guides... Anyway, I've read through here and haven't really seen much for as to a guide to replacement... If there is can someone point me in the right direction? Or give me some tips/hints? Any help is appreciated. FYI I have probably the most basic base model you can get, the only power accessory I have is the door locks, everything else is manual, I don't even have flip down rear seats. If I need to, let me know if I have to buy the regulator or if the clips and guides would do the trick. Thanks!

Shade2012
01-18-2013, 12:32 PM
>Implying you were driving drunk. :rolleyes:

Anyway, use a heat gun to get the rest of the clip off the window. If I recall its a special glue of some sort that simply "melts" (for lack of a better word) when you heat it up. The clip should slid right off the window.

Ill wait for other to respond because I haven't actually done it yet.

flog_gnaw
01-18-2013, 02:07 PM
I wouldn't say drunk, I had two beers truthfully but it was a sobering cold last night, that will help though, thanks!