Window regulator clips replacement [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Window regulator clips replacement

flog_gnaw
01-22-2013, 07:27 AM
So I've searched on here and abroad trying to figure out how to replace my regulator clips since they snapped (Which seems to be a common problem, along with the sash clips which seem to be the first to go and both of mine snapped) but alas, I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place.. I would just go to a yard and find a used regulator but it's been difficult for me seeing as how I've got manual crank windows (yippe, more expensive parts, thanks supply and demand!), so what I'm asking is does anyone have any idea how to put the regulator back together? I had to small pieces of metal that seem to have attached remnants of the regulator clips and it's kind of scaring me to put it together without any knowledge of what I'm doing. If someone can point me in the right direction, I would be eternally gratefully. Call me an idiot, but I just want to know what I'm getting myself into before I make too big of a mess. Thanks!!

bricooper78
01-22-2013, 08:21 AM
http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/showthread.php?t=86032&highlight=window+regulator

Read this, does that help any?

flog_gnaw
01-22-2013, 08:28 AM
Somewhat, I've got all the guts out of my door already, only thing holding it up right now is a piece of wood shoved in there so it doesn't fall back down. It's the drivers front door btw if that helps at all.. More specifically I need to know how the regulator clips attach to the regulator itself, I may just tear open the other day to get a good look at it and go from there... Damn thing is really getting to be a pain in my ass!!

bricooper78
01-22-2013, 08:50 AM
http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/raframecatalog.php?carcode=1357107&parttype=10217&partkey=1322029&a=FRc1357107k1322029-1765938

Rockauto page-- you can at least see a pic of it as one piece that way

flog_gnaw
01-22-2013, 09:07 AM
That actually explains a lot for me.. Looking at the picture the metal pieces attached to the plastic ones that attach to the cable are broke.. Looks like I'm gonna need a new regulator probably, damn it.. Maybe I can get it back together, but its looking like a long shot on that. Thanks for the picture btw. Cheapest new regulator I could find is $150 for manual windows, hopefully theres a yard within a reasonable distance that might have an alero with manual windows or a GA would be nice!

bricooper78
01-22-2013, 09:35 AM
I buy stuff of rockauto, they charge shipping, but after you ordered a couple times, they keep sending codes for discounts and such, so it takes some hit off the high shipping. But they ship fast, and I've never had any issues with them. Might dig around and see what they've got for ya, at least you'd have new parts in there, tearing them out isn't fun.
Dreading the day I lose one

flog_gnaw
01-22-2013, 10:30 AM
I've used rockauto before, I actually like them a lot they're a good company I got a new set of headlights through them and my girlfriend got all of her brake parts there too. Lol yea I've been dreading this day since I bought my car, damn window was snapped on one side making it go lopsided so I had to push it back in place and now I've just gotta bite the bullet and get it replaced /: good thing I got some extra bucks set up for me! Thanks for your help man, always nice to talk to someone helpful.

bricooper78
01-22-2013, 10:43 AM
Good luck with it, hopefully it goes smooth!

Be careful with that helpful comment, I have a reputation to uphold here lol

flog_gnaw
01-23-2013, 05:59 PM
Lol should be going smoothly, ended up going through RPM in Flint, MI for a used regulator, luckily I know some people was able to get it for $20! Should be going in this weekend, just gotta wait for one of the two garages I can use seeing as how I've been without one since I moved, which really, really sucks. But oh well, it's gonna be done, just gotta get the sash clips and guides on the window, throw in the regulator and good as new!

bricooper78
01-23-2013, 06:29 PM
Nice price man!