Security Light stays on [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Security Light stays on

2KGT
01-22-2013, 04:45 PM
I have been searching everywhere for a fix to my security light problem, Most articles I read deal with the car being unable to start. Mine does not have me locked out, in fact, I've never had any issues starting the car in the 7 months that I have owned it. The security light has been on the entire time though, and I have no idea what has been done or needs to be done in order to get this light off without taking the car to a dealership. The only power locks that work are my driver door and hatch. The other locks have to be unlocked manually. I believe my remote DOES lock them all though. The car was also missing the passenger side power lock switch when I bought it, but I have replaced it hoping to solve the lock issue. no luck. If someone could help me out it quickly it would be very much appreciated. (I also took radio out to look for this yellow bypass wire leading to the ignition but can not find it in the location I have seen it in pictures.)

bricooper78
01-22-2013, 04:58 PM
It's running in bypass mode because it knows something is wrong with it.

Hold up, I'll try and find ya something decent to guide ya

How about this one first:

http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74971&highlight=passlock+bypass

Read up on that, do a resistor, and see if that clears it up first. IIRC that was about the best write up on how to do it.