Flashed PCM Install [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Flashed PCM Install

Roacho25
01-24-2013, 01:53 PM
First off I Did use the search to look for a thread for this before posting this. I am looking into buying a flashed PCM for my '99 GA LA1, But I have heard some rumors that it is extremely difficult to perform the CKP SYSTEM VARIATION LEARN PROCEDURE, It says something about a scan tool and I am a little confused about what type of scan tool it requires

thapunisha333
01-24-2013, 02:06 PM
tech II scan tool

unchained_01
01-24-2013, 02:44 PM
Or DHP or HP tuner.

AaronGTR
01-24-2013, 09:54 PM
The crank variance learn procedure basically lets the computer check and make sure it's timing is correct and synced with the signal from the 24x crank position sensor behind the crank pulley. Any time you remove or replace the PCM or crank pulley, you have to do that procedure to make sure the timing is on. It will run without doing it... but it will run smoother if you do it. You have to use a tuner like DHP or HPtuner to perform it, or a tech2 scan tool (what the dealership uses). Best bet is take it to the dealer and to have it done. Just make sure to stress to them NOT to flash the pcm with any new programs, or they will wipe out the tune you just bought.