Follow the rules, or GTFO [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Follow the rules, or GTFO

Molson
02-04-2013, 08:35 AM
Seems things have gotten a little loose around here regarding the forums rules. Please take a moment to read over them again.

http://www.grandamgt.com/forum_guidelines.html

They WILL be enforced.

Don't agree with a topic? Use some tact and discuss it like an adult. Don't like a member, then stay out of their threads. Sounds easy, no?

I'm sick of seeing the same people insulting, flaming, and generally being a **** to members, new and old, because they don't agree with what is posted.

Keep it civil.

Shade2012
02-04-2013, 08:39 AM
Womp womp. Will do, sir.

klokworx
02-04-2013, 11:15 AM
Okay, you proved how immature you are. Move on.

SeatreandGT2003
02-04-2013, 11:19 AM
10-4 Molson ! happy to see the step up on that!!!!

klokworx
02-04-2013, 03:17 PM
Dang mang bang a rang tang

DrFabulous
02-04-2013, 05:49 PM
Moderation is key here, boys.

And I don't mean moderators' actions; that's just a convenient pun. :)

SikMindz
02-04-2013, 09:47 PM
Moderation is key here, boys.

And I don't mean moderators' actions; that's just a convenient pun. :)

ohai.

Damnit. I guess I should stop neglecting my duties lest Canadmin gives me warning points again. :asshat

bricooper78
02-04-2013, 09:49 PM
Mods can block mods?????? wtf?

SikMindz
02-04-2013, 09:49 PM
No. Just me.

racists.

Stop whoring the thread now. I posted to make a point.

Molson
02-05-2013, 03:24 PM
Mods can block mods?????? wtf?
Admins can banhammer mods. ;)

DrFabulous
02-05-2013, 03:34 PM
Admins can banhammer mods. ;)

:applause:

rocketfast123
02-05-2013, 04:14 PM
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/uhhhh.gif

HenryM
02-06-2013, 02:26 PM
Sounds good to me,,, I had let my membership lapse because I was tired of the whole bitchy high-school drama that often ensued when there was a disagreement. I much prefer reading of mods, ideas and not bitchy disagreements/comments. Looks like I will be renewing my membership after all. Thanks Molson!!

DrFabulous
02-06-2013, 02:28 PM
Sounds good to me,,, I had let my membership lapse because I was tired of the whole bitchy high-school drama that often ensued when there was a disagreement. I much prefer reading of mods, ideas and not bitchy disagreements/comments. Looks like I will be renewing my membership after all. Thanks Molson!!

The nonsense is USUALLY limited to the AAG section, but it occasionally spills over to other areas. :)

SikMindz
02-06-2013, 05:11 PM
The nonsense is USUALLY limited to the AAG section, but it occasionally spills over to other areas. :)

http://funmeme.com/image.axd?picture=Net-Forum-Moderator.jpg

DrFabulous
02-06-2013, 05:53 PM
http://funmeme.com/image.axd?picture=Net-Forum-Moderator.jpg

:thumbs:

Tonyyank
04-18-2013, 02:40 PM
Read this again. If you're being a jackass, you will take a break. Keep doing it, you'll be gone.

gaowners32
05-11-2013, 12:50 PM
Why isn't this site linked to Tapatalk?!

AleroB888
03-19-2014, 11:36 AM
Seems things have gotten a little loose around here regarding the forums rules. Please take a moment to read over them again.

http://www.grandamgt.com/forum_guidelines.html

They WILL be enforced.

Don't agree with a topic? Use some tact and discuss it like an adult. Don't like a member, then stay out of their threads. Sounds easy, no?

I'm sick of seeing the same people insulting, flaming, and generally being a **** to members, new and old, because they don't agree with what is posted.

Keep it civil.

We seem to have a problem with certain moderators playing favorites.

;1243541']Why do you even come to the forums anymore? Nobody ****ing wants you here.

Originally Posted by sleepyalero
Alero b888s car runs 12s. Give it credit. Im not a huge fan on the style he went for the hood. But I dont trash on the guy about it.

;1243465']He's caught the Loco lately. Not to mention, Sam's my bro. I'm gonna go after some dingledouche being a straight up arsehole to him.

I don't care if it does run 12's, it looks like a wannabe muscle car.

;1243541']Why do you even come to the forums anymore? Nobody ****ing wants you here.

;1243425']Hey, ****head, did it ever occur to you that a lot of us stick around because we enjoy the forum itself? Unlike you, apparently, we like coming back because of the people and entertainment here.

Do us all a favor, drive your ****box wannabe "60's muscle car" Alero to the nearest retirement home, renew your AARP card and stick to trying to remember where you put your walker.

Stupid old ****.

[ChaosweaveR]
03-19-2014, 12:22 PM
Oh, but you left out all the posts of you going after Sam.

How convenient that you left those out.

[ChaosweaveR]
03-19-2014, 12:32 PM
Quit playing the victim, sunshine:

And how long did it take you to figure that out? The Oky locals shamed you into getting a truck instead of, what was it a Honda or Kia? So you gave up a more reliable car with a "better aftermarket" to improve your image, probably already spent a ton of money on the T/A and made it run slower. If you have moved to a better community, then make this a better community and GTFO

:asshat

I irritate people when they need it, but you irritate for no other reason than being an *******.

Oh, yuh, "gotta have a hemi-truck tuh throw muh clothes in. Yup."

oh really, why did you lose interest in the Honda?

Then why didn't you just keep the Honda and trade the TA, it had better resale, better aftermarket, just as fun a car, cheaper to mod lol

cause it just weren't badass 'nuff.

Why can't you learn to think before you post?

ooo, da whiz kid there doesn't get the point, yet he "knows" it to be invalid...

and he actually owned a musclecar in the 60's and knows what that was like....

and still can't keep from sticking around and bashing N-bodies, even though he "moved on" to better things

:applause:

O Yeah, that makes a lot of sense. I sure hope you're not expected to do anything important or requiring thought where you are.

That's right, you don't know, because you also didn't read and comprehend that he might have been looking for an excuse to trade the Honda (instead of the TA), which by his own reasoning was more suited for modding than the TA. He gave advice to somebody else which he did not follow himself.

But that was not all, either, as while common sense would tell anyone that car modding is a personal preference, some people still insist on being jerks when they buy a different car, do some unimaginative mods to it, then come in here and act like they came down from the Mountain with the secret of life.

He should have posted some pics of his truck in use, on his very busy, truck drivin' job he was at today.

And I find your accusations of "flying off the handle," etc., to be hyperbolic.

AleroB888
03-19-2014, 12:38 PM
;1243606']Oh, but you left out all the posts of you going after Sam.

I said what I thought in a relatively nice way, considering his general attitude toward me in the past. Now that I see you still have the same low level of discourse, you're back on "ignore."

;1252099']>implying the GAGT was ever valuable

AleroB888
03-19-2014, 12:43 PM
;1243606']Oh, but you left out all the posts of you going after Sam.

A lot of those were responses to his banter, so they're out of context.

Yours don't hold up in any context.

And besides, I already received points for that, different issue.

Ajaxus
03-19-2014, 12:48 PM

Actually his responses for the most part were after you started bashing and being aggressive. The "i'm the victim" attitude doesn't work when you instigated the situations to begin with.

Feel free to put me on ignore as well.

Shade2012
03-19-2014, 12:51 PM
You're 64 years old and you are telling on someone?

http://i1359.photobucket.com/albums/q794/edahs7/tumblr_mj5823ohgL1ru74s4o1_500_zps584aaea4.jpg (http://s1359.photobucket.com/user/edahs7/media/tumblr_mj5823ohgL1ru74s4o1_500_zps584aaea4.jpg.htm l)

[ChaosweaveR]
03-19-2014, 12:53 PM

You really are a bloody child. Out of context? Nigga, you're just butthurt that I brought all your posts here. Keep me on ignore, making you look stupid is far too easy.

AleroB888
03-19-2014, 01:18 PM
Actually his responses for the most part were after you started bashing and being aggressive. The "i'm the victim" attitude doesn't work when you instigated the situations to begin with.

Feel free to put me on ignore as well.

you got a PM,

There are degrees of bashing and lack of civility, but a public complaint seemed needed to demonstrate how uneven the playing field is. At least the issue is there in the open. Me a victim?, nah . Where did I attack [Chaosweaver] lately?

AaronGTR
03-19-2014, 05:28 PM
you got a PM,

There are degrees of bashing and lack of civility, but a public complaint seemed needed to demonstrate how uneven the playing field is. At least the issue is there in the open. Me a victim?, nah . Where did I attack [Chaosweaver] lately?

Quite whining. The playing field is even. People get warnings when it is needed. Chris has gotten plenty of warnings and been banned plenty of times.

You got warned because you made an inappropriate post attacking someone out of no where for no reason and I decided it was uncalled for. I'm not gonna waste my time going around dishing out points for every rebuttal someone else makes unless things really get out of hand. I'm going to punish the person who started it in the first place. Get over it.

xUnderCoverHoBo
03-19-2014, 06:04 PM
Hobo is above the law

AleroB888
03-19-2014, 06:24 PM
Quite whining. The playing field is even. People get warnings when it is needed. Chris has gotten plenty of warnings and been banned plenty of times.

Read post #17.
You already gave me warning points for my recent posts. That's the first points I ever got. So now if I contact an Admin to complain about uneven moderation, that's whining? The main reason I responded to tipnitty was his prior bashing of our N-body platform. Why do you allow/encourage that?

btw, don't you have a thread to update? You know, in the "All go" section, Top 1/4 Mile Times, "this one WILL get updated."

http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80539

Or was that all B.S, too?

I know you didn't miss this, you posted in the thread:
Unless you have some personal reason not to....

AleroB888
03-19-2014, 06:41 PM
http://www.grandamg
t.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90113 (http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90113)

edit: had to link it here, wouldn't let me link it in the previous post

Shade2012
03-19-2014, 06:59 PM
http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90113

I wish I was as cool as you.

DrFabulous
03-19-2014, 08:11 PM
Just PM each other or something if you hate each other. The rest of us are sick of it.

bricooper78
03-19-2014, 08:15 PM
^Cosigned with fabs.

I'd have put someone on a 3 day time out if I had the capability. Go jerk off and calm down. Cripe.

AleroB888
03-19-2014, 08:16 PM
Just PM each other or something if you hate each other. The rest of us are sick of it.

I will tell you what was told to me -- put them on ignore.

I replied to the admin, so really it's none of your business.

DrFabulous
03-19-2014, 08:26 PM
I will tell you what was told to me -- put them on ignore.

I replied to the admin, so really it's none of your business.

It wouldn't be my business if it wasn't you guys arguing for 3-4 pages of every single thread... but that's not the case. All of you keep going at it over and over and over. I'm sick of it. Take it to PM's, or start a new thread about it. The rest of us are trying to enjoy our time on this site.

AleroB888
03-19-2014, 08:42 PM
It wouldn't be my business if it wasn't you guys arguing for 3-4 pages of every single thread... but that's not the case. All of you keep going at it over and over and over. I'm sick of it. Take it to PM's, or start a new thread about it. The rest of us are trying to enjoy our time on this site.

Of course, if it's you that craps up the threads with off-topic posts, that's OK.
Funny, as soon as I started acting like your buddies, it suddenly became a big issue. That's half the reason I replied to the admin. All the posts after that by me were on-topic for this thread, iirc.

Tell your buddies to take it to PMs, they're crapping up the thread

DrFabulous
03-19-2014, 09:05 PM
Of course, if it's you that craps up the threads with off-topic posts, that's OK.
Funny, as soon as I started acting like your buddies, it suddenly became a big issue. That's half the reason I replied to the admin. All the posts after that by me were on-topic for this thread, iirc.

Tell your buddies to take it to PMs, they're crapping up the thread

1. I did not single you out... I said ALL OF YOU need to take it to PM's. I've said the same things to other members before when they get in their little "feuds"... this isn't a unique situation, you just happen to be one of the people involved this time. I'm not picking on you, but you're the only one that's replied to me so far.
2. "My buddies"? 99% of the people on here are pretty chill, and I treat them all the same. I know some of them more, and have more side conversations with them, but it's one big family here.
3. I don't argue with other members across multiple threads. If I want to do something like that, I make a thread about it... fairly sure I did that several times to locoman just to bust his balls. Do I contribute to the useless yammering around here? HELL YES I DO. I probably have typed more useless posts on here than anyone else ever has. It's fun. Know what's not fun? Watching the same 3-4 members have a pissing match over nothing everywhere you look.

AleroB888
03-19-2014, 09:14 PM
3. I don't argue with other members across multiple threads. If I want to do something like that, I make a thread about it... fairly sure I did that several times to locoman just to bust his balls. Do I contribute to the useless yammering around here? HELL YES I DO. I probably have typed more useless posts on here than anyone else ever has. It's fun. Know what's not fun? Watching the same 3-4 members have a pissing match over nothing everywhere you look.

Except the conflicts that you happen to think are funny, then you chime in with a "popcorn meme."

Seems pretty subjective, to me.

DrFabulous
03-19-2014, 09:18 PM
Except the conflicts that you happen to think are funny, then you chime in with a "popcorn meme."

Seems pretty subjective, to me.

Uh, yeah, it is. That's kind of the point. There was a point where this current little kerfuffle was amusing. It's well beyond that now.

AleroB888
03-19-2014, 09:28 PM
Uh, yeah, it is. That's kind of the point. There was a point where this current little kerfuffle was amusing. It's well beyond that now.

Hey, my first reply to this thread was serious, as were the other posts I responded with. If that's not amusing to you, sorry, it wasn't supposed to be.

Maybe you should start a new thread and do some of that ball-busting you mentioned.

AaronGTR
03-19-2014, 09:33 PM
The main reason I responded to tipnitty was his prior bashing of our N-body platform. Why do you allow/encourage that?

Again with the whining. I don't recall any previous "bashing" of the n-body by tipnitty. Regardless of if it happened or not... THAT isn't in the rules. If someone really didn't like n-bodies I don't know why they would be here, but they have a right to voice their opinion as long as they don't attack other members. It doesn't say "no n-body bashing" anywhere in the forum rules.

It's really quite simple. We allow a LOT of leeway here simply because there isn't much activity anymore like there was years ago and people would stop coming here. I'm not a baby sitter. I've got better things to do than slap your hands and give out warnings all day. Sic and I are really the only ones who check in and moderate anything anymore, and I haven't even seen him on in a while. If two of you yahoos want to go back and forth for a little while, we let it go unless it gets really out of hand or everyone gets sick of it. Sometimes I do try to reign things in though and remind people not to go overboard, and if I see a completely one sided attack out of nowhere like what you did, yeah I'm gonna say something.

All I did was ask you to stop. You decided to be an ass and press the issue so you got points. Big whoop... put on your big boy pants and get over it. It's the internet, it's not really that important.

btw, don't you have a thread to update? You know, in the "All go" section, Top 1/4 Mile Times, "this one WILL get updated."

http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80539

Or was that all B.S, too?

I know you didn't miss this, you posted in the thread:
Unless you have some personal reason not to....

Maybe you need to learn to read? I don't update anything in that thread unless someone PM's me the information required!!!

I know that must be tough to understand.

AleroB888
03-19-2014, 09:39 PM
.....Maybe you need to learn to read? I don't update anything in that thread unless someone PM's me the information required!!!

I know that must be tough to understand.

I don't see that in your first post in that thread. Besides, why would that be necessary, you posted in my thread and saw the stuff?

DrFabulous
03-19-2014, 09:40 PM
Hey, my first reply to this thread was serious, as were the other posts I responded with. If that's not amusing to you, sorry, it wasn't supposed to be.

Maybe you should start a new thread and do some of that ball-busting you mentioned.

I made a post directed at ALL of the people involved saying to take it to PM's... because it's rather pathetic for you guys to cry to the mods instead of just taking care of it between yourselves. Even if you guys did want to lay out your thoughts towards each other, dragging up a year-old mod post isn't the place for it.

You decided to take it as a personal attack, I guess? Nobody else has said anything to me, privately or publicly, just you. I wasn't attacking you, though, at least not you individually.

Like I said from the beginning, take it to PM's, or make a thread. I'll start.

http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1243711

AleroB888
03-19-2014, 10:05 PM
I made a post directed at ALL of the people involved saying to take it to PM's... because it's rather pathetic for you guys to cry to the mods instead of just taking care of it between yourselves. Even if you guys did want to lay out your thoughts towards each other, dragging up a year-old mod post isn't the place for it.

http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1243711

That's all well and good, except I replied to an admin, who seemed to be more reasonable than the moderator I was dealing with. Why not take it to PMs in that case? Because it's all too easy to get banned then have said moderator come in and post lies that he said transpired in the PMs. I mean, I only see one person "flying off the handle" in this thread, and I don't think PMs would be productive in this case. ;)

I'll visit your thread, if I'm still around....

AaronGTR
03-19-2014, 10:08 PM
I don't see that in your first post in that thread. Besides, why would that be necessary, you posted in my thread and saw the stuff?

It also says on the first page to post your info in the thread, but the thread is locked, due to me being sick of people arguing and being a bunch of babies (see a running theme here?). If you go to the last post in the thread, before I locked it, I tell people to PM me the info instead. The reason being, I don't have time to comb the forum for EVERY post someone might make with their time from a run down the strip. I'll gladly update the first post though to make this clear for people.

AaronGTR
03-19-2014, 10:10 PM
That's all well and good, except I replied to an admin, who seemed to be more reasonable than the moderator I was dealing with. Why not take it to PMs in that case? Because it's all too easy to get banned then have said moderator come in and post lies that he said transpired in the PMs. I mean, I only see one person "flying off the handle" in this thread, and I don't think PMs would be productive in this case. ;)

I'll visit your thread, if I'm still around....

yeah... because we moderators lie all the time to get our way... like we've got nothing better to do. :rolleyes: PLEASE get over yourself already. I DON'T care that much about you.

Ajaxus
03-20-2014, 12:17 AM
Hobo is above the law

Special exceptions are made for the mentally retarded..lol (you asked for it)

Agreed..wait..

Smithkid21
03-20-2014, 12:20 AM
My god, this is still going?!

$ilver_bullet
05-12-2014, 11:52 PM
http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s177/macdanny21/20140512_210723_zps55503346.jpg gt 2002 - custom bue led's

xUnderCoverHoBo
05-13-2014, 02:01 AM
^ the trolling is real

PhantomLover007
05-13-2014, 05:48 AM
:asshat:attention;attention:ban:*focktard*:face: :troll::tool2::nuts:

SikMindz
05-13-2014, 05:00 PM
To all:

There's a "Report Post" button for a reason. Use it.

But remember:

http://elijahmanor.github.io/talks/angry-birds-javascript/img/spiderman.jpg

Clearly, AGTR and I don't see eye-to-eye all the time but we're not blowing up every thread antagonizing one another like some of you seem to relish in. Some of you are 24/7 trolls with hard-ons for each other and some of you are a bit too prickly to be allowed on the internet.

I have no problem dishing out warning points or bans and to everyone's point I'll do so equally. But that means that a good handful of you will be on a time out for a bit all in the name of equality. If it's fine with you guys, then report away...

jimsmith2354
07-16-2016, 10:16 PM
Where / How do I start a new post?

dlineownzu4life
07-18-2016, 07:18 AM
Is that Sik's mom?

DrFabulous
04-27-2017, 02:58 PM
Chris has gotten plenty of warnings and been banned plenty of times.

Can we... can we have this happen again? kthx

young gun
04-28-2017, 01:47 PM
Can we... can we have this happen again? kthx

Y. He doesn't come around these parts anywho

DrFabulous
04-28-2017, 02:35 PM
Y. He doesn't come around these parts anywho

Because banning Chris is fun even when he doesn't know it's happening.