2000 grand prix leaking water [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : 2000 grand prix leaking water

ShowMeHooters
02-16-2013, 07:18 AM
I hate the forums for rhe grand prixs so im going tob post it here

Car leaking water its not anti freeze its pure water coming from the pulleys area any idea? ....

shiwnath
02-16-2013, 09:05 AM
First of all which engine do you have? 3.1, 3.8 or 3.8 s/c? The more information you give about the issue the more likely it is that someone will be able to help you out.

AaronGTR
02-16-2013, 10:26 AM
It's probably just water condensation dripping off the accumulator for the A/C system. There is nothing on the car that runs pure water. Only coolant, washer fluid, etc.

ShowMeHooters
02-16-2013, 11:23 AM
My bad 3800 ac acumulator is on opposite side its a huge puddle. It leaves makes no sense

AaronGTR
02-16-2013, 01:56 PM
Yeah, I had a '97 grand prix. Only times it ever had leaks it was coolant. Once was a cracked radiator tank, once was the water pump going bad and leaking out the weep hole and down the front cover. That could possibly be a source of a leak if the fluid is really coming from the pulley area on the front of the engine as you say... but in that case it's not water. At least it's not unless you filled your cooling system with straight water. :thumbs: Might want to check it again. Coolant can look pretty watery and not have much color when it's spread out in a puddle, but it should have a smell too it and if you rub it between your fingers it will be kinda slippery.

ShowMeHooters
02-16-2013, 04:06 PM
What ever its leaking from its clear no smell doesn't feel oily and radaitor has orange coolant I cant find where its leaking at om confused