Annoying sound from my 2003 Grand AM [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Annoying sound from my 2003 Grand AM

ItsMeScottG
02-18-2013, 07:18 PM
Over the past few days I have noticed a problem with my GA. When I drive I hear a squeaky sound and I hear the same squeaky sound when I close either one of the front doors on my car right after it has been driven. I am currently unable to find the source of the "annoying squeaky sound".

Any ideas of what the issue could be? Has anyone experienced this issue before?

GTfiend
02-21-2013, 04:41 PM
the sound only happens when opening and closing doors?

pauljs75
02-22-2013, 07:36 PM
Get that white spray grease and go at the hinges and the door detent roller thingy (I'm not sure of the name, but the thing that keeps the door open half way and all the way). That spring loaded roller wheel can squeak as it goes along the guide.

If it's a 4 door, also open and slam shut your rear doors. In my experience trying to open a frozen door in the winter can partially release the door catch, even if you can't open the door. From what I can tell these cars are designed such that the doors act as a structural member. If doors aren't closed all the way the frame flexes a little bit, and you get squeaks and such you wouldn't otherwise. If that's the case, you'll also hear that noise while driving.

bricooper78
02-22-2013, 07:45 PM
White Lithium Grease

also, shoot both ends, the connection you see in the door jamb runs into the door, you need to put the straw in there, and shoot it, that's where mine makes noise from