65mm throttle body [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : 65mm throttle body

Hanauer51
02-27-2013, 09:18 PM
Does anyone have the link or any "how to's" on porting the UIM for the 65mm TCE throttle body? I searched but couldn't find anything, I know theres something on here about this. Thanks everybody.

MAC the KNIFE
02-28-2013, 04:38 AM
http://wot-tech.com/shop/gm-60v6/intake/fuel/3400-manifolds/cat_95.html

that's who i had to do mine. might as well get the whole upper intake ported while your at it, and you can't argue with the prices. pretty cheap as far as car mods go.

Hanauer51
02-28-2013, 09:30 AM
did you go stage 1 or stage 2? Did you have to send them your upper intake, or did they just send you one, and you sent your old one back to them?

sleepyalero
02-28-2013, 10:31 AM
Most likely you'll have to send it in.

unchained_01
02-28-2013, 10:33 AM
He actually has a sale going on trying to get rid of stock message him on 60v6 or on wot tech

AleroB888
02-28-2013, 11:21 AM
Make a gasket for the 65mm throttle body, mount the gasket on the intake, shade the mismatched areas with a marker, file the marked areas down to a gradual curved taper.

AaronGTR
03-02-2013, 10:31 PM
Filing would take FOR-EV-ER! lol

Fastest thing to take aluminum off with is a carbide bur in a rotary tool of some kind (drill, air grinder, etc). Then smooth it out and fine tune the taper with a sanding drum. You can take it all off with a sanding drum too, but it takes longer and you'll probably go through several as they get worn. You can use a sanding flap wheel to smooth and blend the curves also. You can basically do the runners with the same tools, although you can't reach in very far, and I don't recommend enlarging them too much or changing the shape at all.

AleroB888
03-02-2013, 11:03 PM
Filing would take FOR-EV-ER! lol

Fastest thing to take aluminum off with is a carbide bur in a rotary tool of some kind (drill, air grinder, etc). Then smooth it out and fine tune the taper with a sanding drum. You can take it all off with a sanding drum too, but it takes longer and you'll probably go through several as they get worn. You can use a sanding flap wheel to smooth and blend the curves also. You can basically do the runners with the same tools, although you can't reach in very far, and I don't recommend enlarging them too much or changing the shape at all.

Google "rotary file"

geldartb
03-03-2013, 06:32 AM
i used this DEWALT DW887 1-1/2-Inch Die Grinder with this size iirc http://www.sears.com/century-drill-tool-corp-century-77110-drum-sanding/p-SPM7306221508?prdNo=30&blockNo=30&blockType=G30 3/4-Inch by 1-Inch Drum Sanding bit

they don't have it on the site but i got a big bag from sears of course,medium and fine sand paper drums to go on the bit. the course ones ate the metal i needed gone pretty quick and then the fine ones were used for cleaning it up.

HOYS
03-03-2013, 02:15 PM
Mount 65mm TB on plenum w/o shaft or plate. Trace with sharp pointy tool.

Carbide bit

Sanding Drums

Go.

Hanauer51
03-03-2013, 02:49 PM
Thanks guys! gotta love tax time, just got borla exhaust waiting to be put on, and getting the tce 65mm throttle body, and a tuned pcm for mms!

AaronGTR
03-03-2013, 05:52 PM
Google "rotary file"

You didn't say rotary file. You said file. A rotary file is basically the same thing as a carbide burr. Be specific if you want people to know what you're talking about.

AleroB888
03-03-2013, 08:59 PM
You didn't say rotary file. You said file. A rotary file is basically the same thing as a carbide burr. Be specific if you want people to know what you're talking about.

I was trying to be as general as possible, because there is a variety of tools that can be used. "grind," "sand," whatever, "file" just seemed to get the point across easier.