2005 Grand Am GT1 SC/T How many were built? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : 2005 Grand Am GT1 SC/T How many were built?

skittlescar
03-12-2013, 04:04 PM
Recently purchased a 2005 Grand Am GT1 SC/T coupe from the original owner, I am would like to know the production figures of these cars. I have not seen that many, this car is all original and I have the window sticker to show the SC/T options.

FuriousG
03-12-2013, 04:21 PM
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong but I think the SC/T hood and Aero spoiler were both dealer add-ons. There's no mechanical difference between a GT1 and a GT1 SC/T so I doubt they'd have separate manufacturing quantities. You might find how many GT1's were made but the majority of those won't have the hood or spoiler.

AaronGTR
03-12-2013, 04:53 PM
Nope, they weren't dealer add-ons. They were factory.

In earlier years you could get the SC/T appearance package on any GT coupe or sedan. In 2005 they were phasing out the grand am for the new G6, and sedans were fleet sales only and the GT and GT1 were retail sales only.

Here's a link with more info. Doesn't say anything about production numbers though. http://archives.media.gm.com/division/2005_prodinfo/pontiac/grandam/index.html

It looks to me like they are saying that for 2005 only the GT1's had the SC/T package and they were all special editions. skittlescar, does your's have "SC/T" embroidery in the head rests on the seats? That would tell you it's a special edition. Also the GT1's had a unique VIN code and were the only ones with the steering wheel mounted radio controls on them.

SC/T02
03-12-2013, 05:19 PM
2002 was the first SC/T production year. They were dealer installed but still on the invoice sheet. After that they were installed at the plant before shipment. No power difference. I don't think you can seperate them apart from other GTs. Since you could get just the SC/T spoiler or hood. You did not have to get both. I had both options on my '02. Hood and spoiler were shipped to the dealer already painted with a tag as to the car it belonged on. Not sure why they would do it this way. Shipping with 2 hoods and spoilers back in '02.

Don't think the car is rare. A little more unique for sure. But no real way to tell...

skittlescar
03-12-2013, 05:23 PM
It does have the "SC/T" embroidery on the seat backs as well as the steering wheel radio controls, XM radio with the shark fin antenna just in front of the sunroof. The package also came with chrome exhaust tips and 16 inch chrome tech wheels. It is also a fairly rare color, graystone metallic. I believe this was the only year for that color as well.

BJPbrandon2448
03-12-2013, 05:30 PM
It does have the "SC/T" embroidery on the seat backs as well as the steering wheel radio controls, XM radio with the shark fin antenna just in front of the sunroof. The package also came with chrome exhaust tips and 16 inch chrome tech wheels. It is also a fairly rare color, graystone metallic. I believe this was the only year for that color as well.

Just curious but got any pics? Iv'e never seen any embroidery Sc/t done on these cars from the factory? I didn't know they did that? Mine was bought in 02 when the package was first offered the car showed up at the dealer while the parts were then shipped to the dealer as well, the hood and spoiler were both painted and installed at the dealer... Sc/t package is listed on the new car invoice.

skittlescar
03-12-2013, 05:46 PM
I will have to take some pics tomorrow and post them. The embroidery is on the seat backs (leather). The window sticker lists this package as "SC/T solid value appearance package" and the cost for the option was $2960 on top of the base price.

bricooper78
03-12-2013, 06:51 PM
:worthless

C'mon, get us some pics man, we wanna see all the new blood's cars lol

[ChaosweaveR]
03-12-2013, 09:13 PM
Very curious for pics.

EJ01GAGT
03-12-2013, 09:25 PM
ive actually seen a GA with SC/T stitched in the seats

bricooper78
03-12-2013, 09:28 PM
But was it factory? that's what most of us haven't seen. I don't think I've seen that color actually, so I'm really curious to see it. New stuff, ya know, we always wanna see lol

AaronGTR
03-12-2013, 09:33 PM
Pretty sure I have seen someone that had the factory stitching on the headrests that posted pics on here. Don't remember where the thread is though.

bricooper78
03-12-2013, 09:40 PM
I remember a grey leather, but I thought that was something custom. But we know how well my brain (fails to) works, so it may have been factory

BJPbrandon2448
03-12-2013, 09:43 PM
just got done researching some stuff on Google, but apparently the sc/t solid value appearance package came with the hood, spoiler, embroidered seats, and special exhaust tips, and the actual gm badges, which is new news to me... The solid value package was only offered in 05 though. I guess his seats look like this? Also this package was only offered with the 05 coupe... couldn't find anything about that paint color though.

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2Zm7FxMqGeWouHkyoUAnZePzgmHE1S Y4Ia7Rme6GXWjcItS9H

http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/4595/1000492n.jpg

bricooper78
03-12-2013, 09:44 PM
I'm thinking of ones that had red edging IIRC, had to have been custom.

I like those tho!

BJPbrandon2448
03-12-2013, 09:48 PM

I like those tho!

I never knew they made seats with sc/t embroidery from the factory, interesting news... those seats have to be extremely rare even though they are normal seats! I wonder how many 05 coupes came with that package?

FuriousG
03-12-2013, 09:50 PM
My '03 GT1 (4-door) came with all that stuff except for the stitched seats. Of all of it, I'd say the seats are the rarest factory made part you can find for these cars. Very few people have the stitching.

TDavis
03-12-2013, 09:51 PM
Those tips look stupid IMO.

BJPbrandon2448
03-12-2013, 09:55 PM
My '03 GT1 (4-door) came with all that stuff except for the stitched seats. Of all of it, I'd say the seats are the rarest factory made part you can find for these cars. Very few people have the stitching.

How about the tips? In all honesty I don't like those tips either, but its cool knowing they came from the factory like that...

FuriousG
03-13-2013, 12:40 AM
I actually don't remember but i might not have had the tips either. I swapped the exhaust system for an SLP about 5 years ago and never regretted it. If it was the tips in that picture, I'd say the normal GT tips look better anyway. Those just look weird and don't seem to fit the lines of the bumper very well.

BJPbrandon2448
03-13-2013, 01:02 AM
I actually don't remember but i might not have had the tips either. I swapped the exhaust system for an SLP about 5 years ago and never regretted it. If it was the tips in that picture, I'd say the normal GT tips look better anyway. Those just look weird and don't seem to fit the lines of the bumper very well.

Yeah I agree, apparently they are borla tips... so they are similar to the ones that came on the 35th anniversary. They stick out way to far!

SC/T02
03-13-2013, 07:38 AM

I like those tho!

Maybe you were thinking of mine?

http://image.highperformancepontiac.com/f/BeastofBurden83/10282956+w450+h338+cr0+re1+ar1/2002-pontiac-grand-am-interior.jpg

Or the prototype SC/T car?

skittlescar
03-13-2013, 02:53 PM
Here are a few pics of the car, I can get different angles if needed. The decklid has SC/T badging as well.

BJPbrandon2448
03-13-2013, 03:04 PM
Damn, that car is extremely nice and it has tons of potential! That was always my favorite grand am color just never knew they put it on the GT's? Iv'e seen it all the time on SE's! It's a very unique grand am for sure, those are VERY rare factory seats because I didn't even know they existed? The badges are cool to since they were dealer installed... I have the same one's on my car now after discovering them in the GM catalog, I never new they actually used them on a few cars though! Awesome ride... needs some 20% tint and covert the chrome to black!

bricooper78
03-13-2013, 06:55 PM
Adam, hot dammit man! That was the seats in question lol

skittles--- you make me now want to hump your leg! :hump: :leg :angel

There is 1 car I've ever seen that has that color, and it's got an SE nose on it, that's only about half painted, such a shame.... I absolutely LOVE that color! I'm jealous as hell, that is an sextremely clean car!

AaronGTR
03-13-2013, 08:06 PM
I definitely love that color on a GT. :) I've seen one guy with an SE that color that did a GT conversion, but hadn't seen a factory one yet. I know I've seen someone who also got the factory SC/T badge retrofit onto their car. Haven't seen many of the factory packages with all that together though. Very nice!

unchained_01
03-13-2013, 08:39 PM
You better hid that BISH I am coming to steal her LOL

tw0123
03-13-2013, 09:01 PM
I saw one of those up here back in 07 that had a set of ghosted racing stripes on it... looked ok, but prefer it without!! back then I didn't really know what it was, but after being on this site and aleromod, and learning more about these it all makes sense now why the guy parked it at the outskirts of the parking lot!!! lol

><woj><
03-14-2013, 07:02 PM
Greystone metallic was offered from 2003 on for the SE model. That was my first choice of colour from the dealer. I believe it was offered for the GT only for that last 2005 model year. So it is rare for the GT, not for an SE.

bokay19
06-18-2015, 10:36 PM
This is my car!!!! First one I've seen just like it, I have it in my ex's garage, rims might be different, but that's my baby.

bokay19
06-16-2016, 09:16 PM
Does yours have the SC/T sewn into the seats?

bokay19
06-16-2016, 09:22 PM
YES! They are grey leather seats with white stitching though.

sleepyalero
06-16-2016, 11:37 PM
Bro, 3 year old thread.