Interior light issue [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Interior light issue

FireEyes
03-17-2013, 04:35 PM
I was replacing one of my floor light bulbs yesterday and had one shattered.. I was able to get the base of the broken bulb out. Now my interior lights do not come on when I open my doors. I can manually turn them on with the dimmer switch.. I checked all fuses to be on the safe side and all are good. Anyone know how I can fix this.
Thanks

bricooper78
03-17-2013, 04:54 PM
You don't have your light set to off instead of door, do you? I'd think either that, or bang around the little door switches, just if one happened to catch a "dead" spot in a contact. Replacing a broke bulb shouldn't have affected either tho lol

FireEyes
03-17-2013, 05:46 PM
The dome light is usually switched to off. I hate it being on at night when I get in my car. I tried switching it to door and its not working anymore either. It does turn on when switched to on though.

bricooper78
03-17-2013, 06:18 PM
Well, take a smaller hammer and tap those door plungers, the black knob thing in the doorjamb, tap it a few times, see if that works. I have also heard of some guys soaking them in wd40.. I would not do this, at all... don't soak electrical connections, double that if it's a flammable liquid lol

FireEyes
03-18-2013, 02:20 PM
I tried to tap the door sensor and that did not solve the problem.. This is really frustrating!