Driver Side Motor Mount [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Driver Side Motor Mount

greddy2race
03-28-2013, 02:37 PM
After replacing my serpentine belt I wanted to look into repplacing my motor mount bolts cause they were partially stripped. Went to the local auto zone and the replacement bolts they brought up were completely different then the ones I had. Mine were about 2 inches long and theirs were about 6 or 7 inches long. It was my drivers side mount any ideas what bolts I had.

Starglow
03-28-2013, 05:03 PM
After replacing my serpentine belt I wanted to look into repplacing my motor mount bolts cause they were partially stripped. Went to the local auto zone and the replacement bolts they brought up were completely different then the ones I had. Mine were about 2 inches long and theirs were about 6 or 7 inches long. It was my drivers side mount any ideas what bolts I had.

If you have the 3400 V6 engine, then the motor mount is on the passenger side not the driver's side. The transmission mounts are on the drivers side and use much longer bolts about 7" long in fact. So if you told them drivers side, then they probably thought you wanted transmission mount bolts.

P.S...I don't live there now, but Middletown is my hometown. :D

greddy2race
03-28-2013, 08:05 PM
I'm not sure cause they typed in motor mount bolts and it brought up the long ones. And the ones I pulled out were 2 in long... not 7.

And I don't know why I moved from Columbus to here... but congrats on getting out.

tw0123
03-28-2013, 08:59 PM
post a picture of the ones you are talking about and the location they came from please... it will help us all out to help you out! :)

greddy2race
03-28-2013, 09:05 PM
Sorry I am an idiot today. It is on the passenger side. I guess I'm just out of it after replacing the belt tensioner... the pulley on it disappeared, and then replacing the belt that tore in half on the way to work, because of the original tensioner, all while in a speedway parking lot. But Passenger side motor mount, I took out 2 large bolts from the top of the mount.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/goodwrench9124/2010-01-16_141806_engine_mount_grand_am_2.gif

greddy2race
03-28-2013, 09:10 PM
http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums/showthread.php?59042-How-to-WOT-TECH-99-N-body-Billet-Motor-Mount-w-Review

found better picture... 5th picture the bolts labeled 1 are the ones I'm looking for.