PCV Vacuum Leak [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : PCV Vacuum Leak

PLUM_72
04-08-2013, 09:55 AM
I was chasing a vacuum leak in my 2001 GT and found a major one at the PCV elbow. Not having the time to order the correct part, I headed to my local Autozone where I was able to find something that worked.

I bought the PCV valve listed for the car (AZ part # PCV1125DL) and from the Help section a Chrysler PVC Elbow (Help part # 47029)

The fit was tight but it works like a charm! One end fit the AZ PCV valve and the other fit the stock plastic vacuum tube. I imagine others may have the same issue and wanted to give the community an option likely found at your local parts store.

T50
04-16-2013, 09:44 PM
how did you determine that it was leaking? did you spray it down? my elbow cracked when i replaced the PCV valve earlier in the week

also is it this for the elbow? http://www.autozone.com/autozone/parts/Dorman-PCV-Valve-Elbow/_/N-8gd5c?itemIdentifier=439269_0_0_ which end went on the PCV valve?

DaRkWaVe
04-16-2013, 10:20 PM
I also went to Autozone and grabbed the same thing. My elbow cracked when I was replacing my PCV valve. Good info for others.