turn signal and wipers are not working. [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : turn signal and wipers are not working.

icecats87
04-09-2013, 09:48 AM
Currently my blinkers and wipers will not work. I was cutting some wires off from my gauges that were powered by the dimmer switch and everything worked fine. Then I went to leave yesterday night and all of a sudden the turn signals wont work, and the wipers won work. The only thing that works on the blink switch is the headlights. also the dimmer switch works fine. Ive checked all the fuses and have no clue what else it can be.

icecats87
04-10-2013, 04:53 PM
Anybody? It wouldn't be the turn signal switch would it? The wipers won't work, and the blinkers won't work. However the headlights will turn on if I use the switch to turn them on.

The wiring from the dimmer switch and fog switch wouldn't have anything to do with this would it?

kzulfic
04-10-2013, 05:35 PM
Have you heard any random clicking?

How did you check the fuses?

Multifunction switch could be a possibility, but you were just working with some wiring. So, first I would check that and then check again, you could've overlooked something.

icecats87
04-10-2013, 05:42 PM
Have you heard any random clicking?

How did you check the fuses?

Multifunction switch could be a possibility, but you were just working with some wiring. So, first I would check that and then check again, you could've overlooked something.

Their was no random clicking. I've checked all the fuses by even replacing good ones. I though I cooked something but everything worked after I removed the gauges. It wasn't until later that night everything stopped. I got a multifunction switch from work today ill find out if that's the problem tonight

kzulfic
04-10-2013, 06:09 PM
It very well could be it, hope it works out for ya.

icecats87
04-11-2013, 10:50 AM
Multifunction switch did not fix to problem. I have no idea what could be wrong. The wiring for the dimmer and fog wouldn't have anything to do with this problem would it? I honestly don't know where to go from here.

TruGreenGAGT
04-11-2013, 11:09 AM
first thing I would do is re-hook up the gauges and see of it works then. if not starting searching for a wire you may have cut by accident when removing the gauges.

also do your hazards work?

icecats87
04-11-2013, 11:20 AM
first thing I would do is re-hook up the gauges and see of it works then. if not starting searching for a wire you may have cut by accident when removing the gauges.

also do your hazards work?

The hazards do work, and I had the gauges all wired into the dimmer switch. I was missing the fog light switch so their is a orange and purple wire I believe not being used. Re installing the gauges would be a little work as I'd have to re wire everything.

TruGreenGAGT
04-11-2013, 11:28 AM
only other thing i can think of is maybe the ground block came loose behind the gauge cluster?
but i think if that was the case the gauges wouldnt work....

idk if u a member on GAOC but maybe post there too... theres more ppl that are better with the wiring of the GA.

icecats87
04-11-2013, 11:33 AM
only other thing i can think of is maybe the ground block came loose behind the gauge cluster?
but i think if that was the case the gauges wouldnt work....

idk if u a member on GAOC but maybe post there too... theres more ppl that are better with the wiring of the GA.

Ill do that. I have no clue everything works perfectly fine except the wiper and turn signal. I can even turn headlights on with the switch and brights

TruGreenGAGT
04-11-2013, 12:05 PM
ya and you removed and replaced the wiper fuse right?

icecats87
04-11-2013, 12:15 PM
ya and you removed and replaced the wiper fuse right?

Replaced both turn signal and wiper fuses.

icecats87
04-11-2013, 12:56 PM
Not sure if you can tell but the ground wire looks like the one from the fog lights is completely burned up. I can't even reach down where most of it is burned either. Ugh do I need to remove the dash for this? This looks like a nightmare

icecats87
04-11-2013, 01:01 PM
Here is a better picture

TruGreenGAGT
04-11-2013, 01:05 PM
were is that at on the dash??

icecats87
04-11-2013, 01:08 PM
were is that at on the dash??

Right behind speedo. To the far left is where dimmer switch goes. You can see the top wires wrapped in black goes to the dimmer. The fried ground comes out of that and goes in the big assortments of wires behind it

TruGreenGAGT
04-11-2013, 01:35 PM
ya ok i gotcha, so if the ground is fried it might have fried the ground for the turns/wiper function... deff gunna be a bitch to get back there

icecats87
04-11-2013, 01:48 PM
ya ok i gotcha, so if the ground is fried it might have fried the ground for the turns/wiper function... deff gunna be a bitch to get back there

:/ Yeah i don't even know where to start haha, guess ill be spending the weekend taking the dash off

TruGreenGAGT
04-11-2013, 02:00 PM
before you go through all that, find the three plug on the multi function switch. leaving them plugged in try and get a new ground wire temp attached. maybe jab a paper clip into the back of the plug were the wire goes, then using a length of wire ground one side and with the other touch the paper clip and then see if the turn signal/wiper work.....

you can try to use three paper clips and try to do all at once or go one plug at a time. might help you find which isn't ground properly.

icecats87
04-13-2013, 03:32 PM
Tried the paper clip trick with all the grounds and no luck :( even with new grounds on all of the plugs wipers and signals still do not work

TruGreenGAGT
04-13-2013, 07:27 PM
Huh dunno then....