starts and dies [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : starts and dies

GT_Racer16
04-09-2013, 08:03 PM
And the battle continues with my fiances 2001 grand am se.
The security light jas been a occuring problem as of late, that i was axtuaaly gonna fix this weekend. Well get a call today. Her car wont start..
I get home from work. Crank iy, fires up and dies immediatly. I crank it again fires up and dies again. Security light is off, dash lights are dimmed out..she said earlier all of the dash light were on. Sshe rushed it home and hasmt fired up since. Air bag lights blinks, and check engine light is on, when keybis turned to on position..

Im guessing from wat ive read, its the faulty security passlock ****?

Which i was gonna use.this method to.bypass it..
bergerweb.net/PasslockFix/index.shtml

Will this fix.this reoccuring problem? I hate having her drive my diesel to work and back everyday..lol
Wanna get this.fixed while i have off tomorrow thanks to.this wonderful wisconsin weather.

kzulfic
04-09-2013, 08:06 PM
When you turn the key to the on position does the security light stay on?

Starglow
04-09-2013, 08:23 PM
Im guessing from wat ive read, its the faulty security passlock ****?

If it starts at all then that doesn't sound like a passlock issue to me. Have you checked anything else like fuel pressure? Fuel filter? Battery and battery cable connections good?

Going directly to doing the passlock mod is a big mistake if you don't really know what the problem is in my opinion and you could cause yourself even more problems so you need to spend some time doing diagnostic testing instead of guessing.

GT_Racer16
04-09-2013, 08:37 PM
Well we have had the security light come on numerous times. The flashing amd ****. Having toreset it. All that.

Now the radio doesnt work. Dash gauges dont work. Car fires up right away and dies. Like the injectors are being cut off. No security light, only light is the service engine soon light.
I cant honestly think of anything.but that dam security ****
I can swap my.battery from my car into it and see what happens.

It fires up right away. And shuts down. But we have been having the security light problem.numerous times..

GT_Racer16
04-10-2013, 06:03 AM
Anyone?

thapunisha333
04-10-2013, 11:34 AM
test the alternator?

GT_Racer16
04-11-2013, 11:35 AM
Did passlock bypass. Added a resistor. Tou know how it goes.

After about 25 minutes doinf the relearn it started.
This was after about 2 times doing the relearn. It ould just stop. Radio would cut out. Dash would cut ouy and all the troubles lights would come on. Turn key to off amd repeat same thing. Third time i left the car for a half hour came back security light was off radio playing nd firedup. Drove around town gauges and radio kept going out. We noticed when.this happened the theftlock light om the radio would flash. Happemed.2 or three times and ran fine the whole time.
Got home, turned it off, started it three times.no problem again. Got in it this morning wouldnt start. No radio no security light amd no dash sweep.
Honestly i will send 20 if not more dollars to whoever figures this out. Im at ends wit amd a fiance thats not having a good day woth it. If it is easier i can call someone and explain it!

GT_Racer16
04-11-2013, 12:57 PM
Battery tested fine. Alternator is almost brand.new. also

Starglow
04-11-2013, 08:07 PM
Battery tested fine. Alternator is almost brand.new. also

Check the battery cables and service the connectors. These GA's are very touchy electrically and it doesn't take much to cause weird things to happen. Also check all ground connections.

bricooper78
04-11-2013, 08:13 PM
man you're tough to read...

grounds, check them. also, pull the lower panels off the dash, the ones above where your feet sit. look up in there for evidence of cut wires that aren't put back together very well. you pretty obviously have a wiring issue, but finding it is a huge pain, that's how they are man, tedious work.

kzulfic
04-11-2013, 08:30 PM
Nevermind

kzulfic
04-11-2013, 08:35 PM
Probably a faulty ignition switch.