obd2 conversion [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : obd2 conversion

BryanS1978
04-15-2013, 10:26 AM
What's up everyone. Been awhile since I posted here and I have checked numerous sites and came up empty handed. I have a 95 gagt that I swapped the NVG 5sp in a while back and I also turbo'd the thing. Since I was obd1.5 there wasn't anything I could do so I ran the car without the charge pipes. Lame I know. Anyway I'm looking for some info as to how or will this work. I have a 98 V6 gagt ecm and engine harness and a 98 gase quad/5sp interior harness. Now I got the interior harness in already about to lay the new carpet. I just want to know if those 2 harnesses are going to work together and allow for me to get a tune and finally run boost. If the tach doesn't work, that's the least of my worries.

I've been searching alot from the 3rd Gen j-bodies sites and no mention of them swapping the interior harness but often times the tach and/or the fuel gauge doesn't work.

Any 4cyl guys swap a V6 before?? Any issues??

BryanS1978
04-16-2013, 02:14 PM
What I mean is has there been anyone who swapped from a quad 4 to a 3X00 V6 on this board. If so the question was did the quad 4 dash harness work with the ecm and the V6 engine harness?? This is esentually what I am doing. My car was gutted down to the shell back in November so I have a obd2 engine harness and ecm from a 98gagt and the interior/dash harness from a 98gase.

sleepyalero
04-16-2013, 02:37 PM
i want pics of this turbo ga....

as for the 4cyl to v6 ive heard there is a few problems you run into but i forget, i know the 4 cyl doesnt have a MAF. so you would need the wiring for a maf for the 3400

BryanS1978
04-16-2013, 02:46 PM
I will get pics soon. My old motor got trashed due to the camshaft pin shearing off and bent all the valves. So now is a new motor with my old rods and pistons and the heads got fixed. Just bent the valves and nicked the pistons. My old setup was log mani's. Now I got 2 3500 front manifolds. The crossover isn't complete so the turbo is not on the car at the moment. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EUAmhtdawFg#. Here's a video of just the rear of the car. Mainly for the sound.

BryanS1978
04-16-2013, 03:00 PM
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=EUAmhtdawFg

See if that works.

sleepyalero
04-16-2013, 03:21 PM
worked. didnt sound bad.

BryanS1978
04-16-2013, 04:51 PM
Thanks, I thought it sounded to raspy. Anyway, I got the shortstar's 65mm TB and a custom ground cam from comp. Apparently I had some overly stiff springs. Now I got the blues from wot. Other than ported and polished heads, the whole motor is a 2000+ model 3100 with the better flowing heads and now I got the 3500 front exhaust manifolds on front and back. I got a LSD insert in the trans, and a clutch masters clutch. 2.5" exhaust all the way back going thru a greddy fart can. Lol