Car wont start [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Car wont start

Mingo1
04-23-2013, 01:41 PM
My 01 gt is having starting issues. The security light keeps coming on and car won't start. I already did a search and waited the 10 minutes and car starts up but it will happen again. I already did the bypass resistor and did the relearn for the security and car starts but when I turn it off it won't restart and the aftermarket alarm starts to go off. Also before this I was driving and my instrument cluster went crazy and when I tried to accelerate the car felt like it was losing power. Any help would be helpful.

bricooper78
04-23-2013, 02:12 PM
Has the aftermarket alarm been in the whole time, or did it recently get installed?

Mingo1
04-23-2013, 11:29 PM
Its been in the whole time. And will the passlock issue cause erratic behavior in the gauages?

Mingo1
04-24-2013, 12:16 PM
Just took out the bcm and there was some white and green residue on some of the pics and a little rust coming out of another pin. I believe this is the culprit. I sprayed them some electrical cleaner but no help. Car just clicks clicks clicks when trying to start. Only codes I get is 128 and 446

Mingo1
05-03-2013, 11:50 AM
I had the battery tested again and was pronounced dead along with the alternator. I had both of them replaced and car has been running with no issues for the last 3 days.