ABS/WSS problems [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : ABS/WSS problems

Majakmang
04-30-2013, 02:01 PM
I've been trying to figure out why my ABS/SVS/Trac off lights are on, and read everything about the hubs and the wheel speed sensors, so I went and got my car scanned and it came up with no new codes, just old codes saying the front left and rear right hubs needed to be changed. I then changed those and still received the lights. I can hear a whirring type sound coming from the front, so I'm thinking that the other front hub is going, but wouldn't it have shown up on the scan? The ABS/SVS/Trac off lights only used to come on once in awhile, until I drifted around a corner a few months ago and messed up the wheel cylinder, then after i fixed that they started to come on all the time, and just recently my parking brake light would come on aswell. I know there's many posts about this same subject but I've tried almost everything and I'm a little strapped for cash so I can't afford to replace parts that don't need replacing

bricooper78
04-30-2013, 03:38 PM
Clear the codes, drive on it a day or two, and then see if they pop back up. May have one that didn't get plugged in all the way, dirty connector, etc...etc... all the stuff in the other threads.
Also, put it up on a jack, and wiggle the tire (3 and 9 o'clock is where your hand should be) back and forth, if it moves, probably have some bearing wear.

Oh, and btw, since you searched first, I'm joking, but I'm going to be the first to belittle you ;)

*By the way, welcome aboard the SS Ballbuster!*
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a371/bcooper78/Memes/Hogans_not_this_again_zps187d8c8e.jpg (http://s15.photobucket.com/user/bcooper78/media/Memes/Hogans_not_this_again_zps187d8c8e.jpg.html)

DaRkWaVe
05-06-2013, 06:17 AM
clear the codes, drive on it a day or two, and then see if they pop back up. May have one that didn't get plugged in all the way, dirty connector, etc...etc... All the stuff in the other threads.
Also, put it up on a jack, and wiggle the tire (3 and 9 o'clock is where your hand should be) back and forth, if it moves, probably have some bearing wear.

Oh, and btw, since you searched first, i'm joking, but i'm going to be the first to belittle you ;)

*by the way, welcome aboard the ss ballbuster!*
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a371/bcooper78/memes/hogans_not_this_again_zps187d8c8e.jpg (http://s15.photobucket.com/user/bcooper78/media/memes/hogans_not_this_again_zps187d8c8e.jpg.html)

lol

bricooper78
05-06-2013, 08:44 PM
Did you get it taken care of? Or you still have the light?

Majakmang
05-15-2013, 06:53 PM
No the lights are still there. I've had the codes deleted and they still come back and now the parking brake light is on all the time. Check all the plugs, cleaned them.. etc. still there.

bricooper78
05-15-2013, 07:42 PM
did ya check fuses? see if by some off chance the abs fuse blew?

kzulfic
05-15-2013, 07:56 PM
did ya check fuses? see if by some off chance the abs fuse blew?

Good point. When I bought my blazer the abs light was on, checked the fuses, found out someone took the fuse out and set it in the unused spot. Talk about a easy fix. Figured they pulled it for a reason, almost a year later still no problems.

bricooper78
05-15-2013, 08:11 PM
yea, as dumb as it seems, starting at the very beginning or most basic things sometimes fixes it.. hopefully that's all it is, and like you say, it's one of those "way too easy" type fixes

kzulfic
05-15-2013, 08:18 PM
Technically you're supposed to start there, but we tend not to.lol

bricooper78
05-15-2013, 08:30 PM
right! go for hard stuff first lol

kzulfic
05-15-2013, 09:09 PM
right! go for hard stuff first lol

Yeah, if you start there you'll basically have a new car when you're done.lol

Majakmang
05-15-2013, 11:18 PM
I've checked fuses and they were all good.

bricooper78
05-16-2013, 08:09 PM
Fuses are good,
Bad parts were changed..
Codes cleared,

and it's back doing the exact same thing, correct?

If that's the case I would inspect the ever-loving hell out of those wires, and I tell ya, beyond corrosion