Front Seats [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Front Seats

Alphadragons
04-30-2013, 06:33 PM
Can someone tell me if the front seats are able to be swapped? My driver side isnt moving back and forth, and I dont want to get all into the electrical issues with it (airbag light is on also, from what i read might be a motor?). Anyways, I'd rather just put the passenger seat on drivers side and swap them.

Shade2012
04-30-2013, 07:10 PM
Can someone tell me if the front seats are able to be swapped? My driver side isnt moving back and forth, and I dont want to get all into the electrical issues with it (airbag light is on also, from what i read might be a motor?). Anyways, I'd rather just put the passenger seat on drivers side and swap them.

You wouldn't be able to reach the controls if you swapped the seats..

Not sure as far as what all car seats fit in the GA comfortably and with little fab work. Maybe someone else will chime in.

StormTec2.0
04-30-2013, 07:16 PM
Alero seats drop right in and thats 100% sure

W body like the Grand Prix seats are to wide

J body's have different rails.

bricooper78
04-30-2013, 07:16 PM
You're right on the controls, but I don't know I've ever heard of anyone trying it. I read that right, he wants to put the passenger on the driver side, right??

sleepyalero
04-30-2013, 07:17 PM
yes he does. ^

bricooper78
04-30-2013, 07:56 PM
K..

OP, why not just check a JY for a different seat if it's raunched?

Shade2012
04-30-2013, 07:58 PM
Buy Nathan's old seats. He doesnt need them anymore. lol

Alphadragons
04-30-2013, 08:11 PM
It's a work car, in decent shape but I'm the only one that ever rides in it. Maybe 2 days a year I have a passenger, so I could care less about the passenger controls. JY is an option, but not immediate (time constrain currently). I just want to know if I can swap the seats and the use the manual passenger side seat in the driver side so I can adjust it. Don't care much if the driver side controls are not reachable once it's moved to passenger side.

bricooper78
04-30-2013, 08:12 PM
well, the rear mount is 2 bolts, one on each side, tilt up, and pop out of the front clips. they're easy enough to remove, you'd just give it a shot man lol it may just work

sleepyalero
04-30-2013, 08:46 PM
Buy Nathan's old seats. He doesnt need them anymore. lol

well he wont get my brackets cause they are being used if he did. and idk if id sell em.