Need Hardware! [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Need Hardware!

ALindquist
05-07-2013, 12:57 PM
Removing my rear pass. caliper and I trashed one of the bolts on the bracket that bolts to the knuckle PN 18026272. All I need is the bolt but nobody near me carries one (Dealer/Automotive Store/Junk Yard) I haven't tried any hardware stores but I'm sure they wouldn't have such a specific size anyways. So, is there a website online where I can order OEM bolts like that? I don't want to spend $50 on a whole new bracket when all I need is that damn bolt. Thanks.

young gun
05-07-2013, 04:23 PM
Is anyone else confused as to which bolt this is? Is it the caliper bolt? or the bracket bolt?

If it is the bracket bolt why did you take it off if you were just taking the caliper off??

ALindquist
05-07-2013, 05:38 PM
Is anyone else confused as to which bolt this is? Is it the caliper bolt? or the bracket bolt?

If it is the bracket bolt why did you take it off if you were just taking the caliper off??

It's the bracket bolt. I needed to get to the inside of the rotor. I've called every place I can think of around town and nobody's got one

kzulfic
05-07-2013, 06:19 PM
You can't just go to a you pull j/y and grab one?

ALindquist
05-07-2013, 07:06 PM
I've got one more junkyard to call tomorrow. But the big GM salvage yard came up with nothing

kzulfic
05-07-2013, 07:10 PM
Don't you have a you pull yard by you, or is the one you are talking about a you pull? Just go there find an Alero or grand am and pull your bolt.

ALindquist
05-07-2013, 09:18 PM
Google says I've got one 30 minutes away, I'll give them a call tomorrow see if they've got either of those cars on the lot

Starglow
05-07-2013, 09:35 PM
The dealer may not have one in stock but they can certainly order it for you with sometimes next day availability....did you try that?

ALindquist
05-08-2013, 09:32 PM
You-pull has a whole bunch of Grand AM's on their lot, so I'm gonna try them out hopefully tomorrow