EGR question? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : EGR question?

ottosgrandam
05-12-2013, 07:40 PM
Hi I recently purchased the egr delete kit from milzy motorsports and installed it and now my car doesnt wanna idle and the motor surges when above 40 accelerating otherwise runs normal. Im getting it dyno tuned in a couple weeks but for the time being what could i do to make it run better?

Thank you

Nick-G
05-12-2013, 08:24 PM
Deleting the egr wouldn't cause that make sure you didn't leave something loose or disconnected.

ottosgrandam
05-12-2013, 08:29 PM
alright idk what it be i checked and all sensors and everything looks good what do you do wit the plug/wiring for the egr?

Smithkid21
05-12-2013, 08:48 PM
inb4deletingegrvalveisbad lol

sleepyalero
05-12-2013, 09:59 PM
mines deleted, milzy did it, dont know if you gotta tune it out... but my plug just hangs there, but is tied out of the way.

AaronGTR
05-12-2013, 11:49 PM
Hi I recently purchased the egr delete kit from milzy motorsports and installed it and now my car doesnt wanna idle and the motor surges when above 40 accelerating otherwise runs normal. Im getting it dyno tuned in a couple weeks but for the time being what could i do to make it run better?

Thank you

Did you have the PCM tuned to go with it? You can't just take it out and go. :rolleyes:

Oh, and yeah.... not really any point to doing this either. It's not going to gain you any HP.

Hanauer51
05-12-2013, 11:52 PM
Did you have the PCM tuned to go with it? You can't just take it out and go. :rolleyes:

Oh, and yeah.... not really any point to doing this either. It's not going to gain you any HP.

yes Aaron is spot on, your PCM has to be tuned for the EGR delete, and I'm guessing yours is not lol

MAC the KNIFE
05-13-2013, 05:49 AM
i unplugged my EGR to "delete" it. had to tune it to get rid of the check engine light.