spark plug wire tisking noise [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : spark plug wire tisking noise

awrage
06-02-2013, 06:59 PM
noticed a knock/tisking noise today and finally was able to tell that its coming from the middle spark plug wire on the end in the front of the engine. (3400 engine) It gets louder and more rapid as the throttle increases. Depending on how I move the wire it gets better or worse but if i just leave it sit it still tisk. Any ideas what is causing this and what needs to be done to fix it? Thanks for any help!

PhantomLover007
06-02-2013, 07:07 PM
The 3400 is know for it's noisy lifters. IDK if a spark plug wire would be noisy. What can be done? Change out the wires. How old are the plugs and wires?

awrage
06-02-2013, 07:20 PM
couldn't tell you that... only had the car for 2 years. I do know that the wires are in good condition no cracks and not stiff at all..

bricooper78
06-02-2013, 07:57 PM
I would think if the wire has a crack in the casing, that could be leaking spark, easy enough to start it in the dark and look under the hood to where it's sparking against the block.

but if you moved it around and it changed pitch, that means to me you should have been shocked... so be careful, use some rubber tipped tongs or something on it, don't just grab it.