06-03-2013, 07:25 PM
I will be installing a 3.5 UIM but I'm in need of a little guidance. ;crap

What kind of guidance?

Have you done any research?

themanytoys15
06-04-2013, 08:04 AM
What kind of guidance?

Have you done any research?

Yes, lots. No information, just people asking the same questions.

For example the thottle body, who sells an adapter for it?

99ga
06-04-2013, 09:09 AM
Yes, lots. No information, just people asking the same questions.

For example the thottle body, who sells an adapter for it?

MMS sells that

sleepyalero
06-04-2013, 03:09 PM
its basically a direct swap.. pull off intake, tb, etc, take off uim... put new one on. how hard can it be?

shiwnath
06-04-2013, 04:21 PM
its basically a direct swap.. pull off intake, tb, etc, take off uim... put new one on. how hard can it be?

No it's not.... The Coil pack mounts are different, some people(not all) have issues getting the 3400 FPR on it, the TB mounts are also not the same. Not the same at all.

Edit:

Keep Stock LX9 Intake
- Different MAP, pigtail harness to adapt to new style.
- LA1 coil packs do not sit properly on manifold, adaptors from MMS.
- Different EVAP. Use LX9 EVAP. Solenoid
- No easily accessible vacuum line for the Fuel Pressure Regulator
o There are a few “variants” on the LX9 upper intake manifold. They all have a boss for a vacuum fitting on the rear passenger side, but not all of them have the fitting installed.
o You will also need to extend your vacuum line from the FPR to this rear fitting.
o “Tee” off this vacuum line to connect your HVAC diverter control. (Tan vacuum line coming out of the clump of connectors near the throttle body)
- Different throttle body mounting. Use TCE Motorsports throttle body adaptor plate.
- The LX9 came from the factory with a 65mm electronically controlled throttle body. This cannot be used in a Grand Am. You can use your LA1’s 56mm TB with the LX9 upper intake and adapter, but you will not see the full benefits of the LX9 swap.
o Recommend using TCE Motorsports billet 65mm TB or any older (RSM, etc.) ported stock TB.
- EGR tube position is different.
o Use 3400 EGR and tube on 3500 intake.
- Note: There are some LX9’s that used metal upper intake gaskets, and some that used paper. It almost seems random as to what used what. The problem with this is that the engines that used the metal upper intake gaskets might not clear the fuel rail. This is a sporadic issue and the really only way to fix it is to get upper intake plenum spacers, which at the time of this writing, are not in production and hard to come by used.

sleepyalero
06-04-2013, 04:53 PM
tells you how much i know about the 3500 uim. lol