hydrolock [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : hydrolock

josh3400
06-08-2013, 07:14 AM
So I just definitely sucked up a bunch or water and the car kept running til it spit it all out. I got home and checked in the inside of my intake tubing and its all wet obviously, but the vehicle seems fine now. I even brought it up to about 80 after the symptoms disappeared with no issue. Anything to worry about other than figuring out where the water got in?

StormTec2.0
06-08-2013, 09:27 AM
Do an oil change ASAP.

3800L67GAM
06-08-2013, 02:48 PM
Do an oil change ASAP.

🐒what he said!

kzulfic
06-08-2013, 03:31 PM
You didn't hydrolock it, if you did it would no longer run and would have damaged some internals pretty badly. So you're fine, no real need to change the oil, it should just turn into steam. I would just monitor the oil for signs of water, but if you're about due for an oil change it wouldn't hurt.

josh3400
06-08-2013, 04:19 PM
Just Did an oil change so I don't want to do that..... I mean it starts right up and runs fine. But my fenders dented so there is a gap around the headlight, that's where I think the water came in. I have a cai so....but can anyone tell me, is there supposed to be a slash guard for the subframe? You know where you can see down between motor and radiator? I've always assumed it so but could never find a part # or anything

GrandAmMe
06-08-2013, 06:16 PM
Just Did an oil change so I don't want to do that..... I mean it starts right up and runs fine. But my fenders dented so there is a gap around the headlight, that's where I think the water came in. I have a cai so....but can anyone tell me, is there supposed to be a slash guard for the subframe? You know where you can see down between motor and radiator? I've always assumed it so but could never find a part # or anything

Ok so there is a possibility that your oil might be full of water now but since you just changed it, it should be fine?

You're asking to blow your motor now.

StormTec2.0
06-08-2013, 06:27 PM
The oil will be thinned do to the water and may cause corrosion and unnecessary wear I'd do a change for $15 or $25 synthetic your self.