OBD2 Port/Plug [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : OBD2 Port/Plug

semborski
07-09-2013, 03:54 PM
The clip on my OBD2 port broke so it doesnt firmly hold the scan tool end in there. Its a pain in the ass and have to hold the tool perfectly or it looses power/disconnects.

Is the port replaceable without soldering a new one in?

If so thats fine and straight forward, but if I could go to a jy and get a pigtail connector maybe?

AleroB888
07-09-2013, 04:53 PM
The clip on my OBD2 port broke so it doesnt firmly hold the scan tool end in there. Its a pain in the ass and have to hold the tool perfectly or it looses power/disconnects.

Is the port replaceable without soldering a new one in?

If so thats fine and straight forward, but if I could go to a jy and get a pigtail connector maybe?

Yep, but if you just cut and splice, I might solder the splices then. Probably not necessary, though

http://i493.photobucket.com/albums/rr299/Gflash01/Scan-adapter-2.jpg

semborski
07-09-2013, 04:57 PM
So is that just one of the two long connectors on the ecm is just to the obd2 port?

geldartb
07-09-2013, 05:06 PM
if you don't want to splice just go to the junkyard and get a plug then pop the blue pieces out on the obd plug and the wires slide out.

swap your wires over and then put the pieces back..

pretty easy i added a plug to the passenger side so i could leave my tuner hooked up and not have to deal with it being strung above my feet. also used one of the obd plugs from the car to make an offboard unit so i could flash pcm's out of the car if i needed to..pulled the blue pieces out and removed the wires i didn't need.

AleroB888
07-09-2013, 05:45 PM
So is that just one of the two long connectors on the ecm is just to the obd2 port?

no there are more wires, but those shown are the ones involving the port, and useful for scanning