High flow MAF on E-Bay [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : High flow MAF on E-Bay

PhantomLover007
07-12-2013, 05:24 PM
What do you guys think of this?

1. I know it's not Granitelli.

2. Yeah.. It doesn't have the honeycomb.

Just curious if anyone has checked it out before.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/160664748989?item=160664748989&viewitem=&vxp=mtr

zukiracer19
07-12-2013, 05:39 PM
I wouldn't trust anything that sensitive off ebay.

Metallman56
07-12-2013, 07:25 PM
I bought a Granitelli a probably close to 10 years ago now. my car ran like absolute crap. did the "relearn" and all that other crap they said I was supposed to do, didn't help at all. hell I even called them. the guy was a total prick so I returned it. i'll never do a MAF upgrade again.

so I think you should expect about the same with this cheaper one.

FuriousG
07-12-2013, 09:58 PM
Other than the name of the company, I don't see any reason to believe this is any better than a stock one. They never actually call it a high flow MAF, it's just a direct replacement. I would assume that the sensor is either comparable to stock or possibly worse.

StormTec2.0
07-13-2013, 03:46 AM
dont do any modifying to a MAFS IMO. There too sensitive

zukiracer19
07-13-2013, 07:43 AM
Upgrade to the LS1 or LS6 MAF if you want something fancy :D

geldartb
07-13-2013, 09:18 AM
Upgrade to the LS1 or LS6 MAF if you want something fancy :D

i tired that style for the simple fact of the integrated IAT. only took it off when i thought that was my issue but it was the MAP sensor..you gotta get an adapter that brings it down to the stock style maf connector with a seperate lead for the IAT but it works.

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/01-07-LS1-LS6-LS2-GTO-Corvette-MAF-Mass-Airflow-Sensor-5-Wire-Stock-REMAN-GM-/00/s/Mjk3WDM5OQ==/$(KGrHqJHJBYE-hJ+FSMgBPt)O3vJKQ~~60_12.JPG

PhantomLover007
07-13-2013, 09:20 AM
Yeah. I got a reply back from them and all they could tell me was that it was a direct replacement.

So it's high flow because the screen is off.... lol lol. No bigger diameter or nothing..

Nick-G
07-13-2013, 09:36 AM
i tired that style for the simple fact of the integrated IAT. only took it off when i thought that was my issue but it was the MAP sensor..you gotta get an adapter that brings it down to the stock style maf connector with a seperate lead for the IAT but it works.

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/01-07-LS1-LS6-LS2-GTO-Corvette-MAF-Mass-Airflow-Sensor-5-Wire-Stock-REMAN-GM-/00/s/Mjk3WDM5OQ==/$(KGrHqJHJBYE-hJ+FSMgBPt)O3vJKQ~~60_12.JPG

That's the same Maf sensor i'm using. I'm not using the integrated iat sensor but it works great.

zukiracer19
07-13-2013, 09:51 AM
I wired mine right to the harness itself. Just need the diagram.

AaronGTR
07-13-2013, 02:53 PM
I don't think that picture is the actual MAF they would send you. It looks like just a "stock photo" as they call it. There are a lot of lazy sellers on ebay that don't take actual pics of what they are selling you. They just use a stock photo as something representative. That plug and the rest of the maf look nothing like ours.

Plus it doesn't say it's high flow. It just says it's a direct replacement. Sounds like they may not even have the parts themselves. They probably just do the advertising and sales, and it gets drop shipped from someone else at a warehouse somewhere. My friend used to do that. Sold parts on a website, got drop shipped, he never even touched them himself.

Anyway, I wouldn't bother with anything like that off of ebay. Stick with the stock sensor. If you start getting up around 9psi of boost, then going to a larger MAF and opening up the intake could free up a few hp. Just go with an LS1 or LS6 MAF and retune with HP tuners. LS6 has the integrated IAT and you have to get an adapter plug for your harness to wire the IAT to it. I chose to stick with the LS1 for mine with the magnacharger because IMO it's safer having the IAT in the SC outlet where it is so it reads true temps going into the engine and can pull timing if needed. ;)