Headlight Question [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Headlight Question

Metallman56
07-18-2013, 07:52 PM
long story short thought I had a HID drivers (left) side headlight out, didn't have time to get the warranty bulb shipped back to me in time to pic up my g/f from midway airport in Chicago tomorrow, so I just bought one. no low beam, high beam works. wtf. I know there are 2 separate wires going to them, but really, wtf. so I check all fuses that were drives side HL related, all looked good. fuse #3 under the hood (green 30 amp) looked good, and it arced with the low beams on, which means it has power. so what does that leave just a bad wire between the box and the HL? oh also according to my volt meter I have 12 volts at all 3 wires on the plug to the HL. wtf, wtf, wtf.

any fast help would be awesome.

thanks guys.

Smithkid21
07-19-2013, 12:31 AM
IIRC you have to flip some wires around for it to work. I'm not sure which ones though, sorry man. Hope you get your answer.

Metallman56
07-19-2013, 04:19 AM
well I "fixed" it this morning. I cut the low beam wire, turn on the headlights, and put it to the + on the battery. the headlight came on. so I knew the ground was good. my first thought was to just run a wire from the headlight to the battery, and just put it on or off at will. but I decided I wanted to have fuse on it just incase. so I ran the wire to fuse 3 under the hood, which is the headlight switch. I just pulled the fuse, hooked the wire around it, and put it back in. so now not only does the wire have a fuse on it, but it works with the headlight switch. right now its just jerry rigged up, but it works, and it will work tonight for my trip. I will fix it permanently this weekend. I have no clue what caused this in the first place, but at least its the easiest wire to change, I don't have to mess around with the firewall.

sleepyalero
07-19-2013, 04:34 AM
Wow odd, also sorry i couldnt get you any bulbs :(

Metallman56
07-19-2013, 04:37 AM
lol sh*t happens i'm just glad its fixed for now.