Body Control Module Location [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Body Control Module Location

Ground Hugger
07-23-2013, 02:38 PM
Where is the BMC located on the 03 Grand AM GT?

TDavis
07-23-2013, 02:51 PM
You meam BCM. I think the BCM is above your feet when sitting in the passenger seat?

Atleast thats were it was when I disabled my DRLs and ALC on my '00, or maybe that was the PCM.

Starglow
07-23-2013, 03:17 PM
Remove the panel underneath the glove compartment and it's right there.

Ground Hugger
07-23-2013, 03:23 PM
Yeah BCM !!!! anyway found it took it out AFTER disconnecting the battery. A few of the pins on the center plug out side had corrosion on them none real bad, but I cleaned them with sand paper, sprayed with circuit cleaner then applied dielectric grease to the connectors to prevent any further corrosion.

AaronGTR
07-24-2013, 08:45 AM
dielectric grease probably is not necessary. You have to be careful with that stuff that you don't use too much and get it in between the contacts because it is electrically conductive after all. You could accidentally let an electrical signal jump between two contacts and then the BCM could malfunction or even short circuit.

Sanding the contacts on the plug and cleaning them with an electrical contact cleaner should be sufficient. Any further corrosion should take a long time to occur unless you have a moisture problem down there. That happens sometimes when people get a leak into the interior from the HVAC air intake at the bottom of the windshield. The air comes in right behind the dash there on the passenger side ;) and sometimes that causes corrosion on the BCM and the fan and fan speed resistor. Make sure you don't have any leaks and your carpet is staying dry and it shouldn't be a problem.