PCM issues [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : PCM issues

hatella
07-27-2013, 09:13 PM
Ordered a pcm from wot-tech, got it installed today and it would not let the vehicle even crank. I disconnected the battery, removed the old PCM, installed the one from wot-tech, reconnected the battery, and attempted to start the vehicle and got nothing. I'm aware I need to do the security relearn but I cant get the security light to even start flashing. just stays on steadily when the ignition is turned on. even let the car sit for about 15mins in the on position, turned it off, and still nothing. threw the old PCM back in and it fired up on the first try. Car runs great and isn't throwing any codes. Any help would be great, thanks!

Starglow
07-28-2013, 12:08 AM
It would probably be best to call Ben and talk to him, but I had a similar problem with my Milzy tuned PCM.

Follow these steps:

1) Install PCM
2) Connect battery
3) Turn key on and try to start engine - I know it won't start, but this step is critical and do not turn the key off!!!
4) Leave key in the on position for at least 11-15 minutes.
5) Turn key off for 30 seconds.
6) Turn key on and wait for the chimes to stop.
7) Try to start engine.
8) PS...Don't worry about the security light not flashing, mine didn't flash either.

Note that it is important to have no electrical load during the PCM relearn. In other words the doors should be closed but leave the drivers door window down so you can reach in to turn the key. Radio and blower fan should also be off. Put the parking brake on so the headlights will stay off as well.

If the engine still doesn't start then the PCM is probably either bad or incompatible with your vehicle. Something could have also went wrong during the tuning process which is why at that point I'd be calling Ben.

Good luck....! 8-)

hatella
07-28-2013, 05:52 PM
Thanks for the reply! I tried it again this afternoon, and still no luck. I contacted Ben, he said he will take a look at it.

Starglow
07-28-2013, 07:20 PM
Thanks for the reply! I tried it again this afternoon, and still no luck. I contacted Ben, he said he will take a look at it.

Good deal....I'm sure Ben will get it straightened out. :)