Yet another signal switch thread. This one's random though!! [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Yet another signal switch thread. This one's random though!!

sugar ray
08-08-2013, 12:00 AM
So did some reading using the search key. My ga is 02. It has developed a random signal issue. When I say random I mean the signals work when they feel like it. Sometimes yes and sometimes no. I read how the 99-01 models had a hazard switch recall for a common clicking problem. My 02 doesn't fit that bill. What I'm curious about is the relay for the signals in the hazard switch on the 02's?? Or is there a separate relay in the fuse panel for it? Logic tells us the fuse is fine as it still is flowing juice most of the time

sugar ray
08-13-2013, 12:35 AM
No one had an answer but got her figured out!! Keep telling myself, these little fixes are always cheaper then a new car payment with costly insurance etc.....

the only relay is located IN the hazard button itself. Went to a wrecker and found a written off 2004. stripped the hazard switch for a whopping $5 bucks and BAM!! Everything is back to good. Has a different clicking sound then my faulty one did as i assume they resolved this recall by the time the 04 models hit the road?

all is well that ends well

unchained_01
08-14-2013, 12:23 PM
glad you figured it out !!!