No lock noise [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : No lock noise

xalteph
08-09-2013, 12:13 AM
When I lock the car using the remote there is no noise, only the lights blink. The horn works and all the doors are closed. Was the noise disabled for GT's or something?

sleepyalero
08-09-2013, 12:58 AM
Would you like the horn function? If its the same for grand ams as it is for alero's try this.

1. Turn the key to the ON postion.
2. Hold the "UNLOCK" button on the door down for 10 seconds.
3. You should hear the horn go beep after 10 seconds.
4. Once thats done, turn key off pull key out, press lock button on your key fob, the park lights should flash, and the horn should beep.

Let me know if that works for you.

99ga
08-09-2013, 07:48 AM
Would you like the horn function? If its the same for grand ams as it is for alero's try this.

1. Turn the key to the ON postion.
2. Hold the "UNLOCK" button on the door down for 10 seconds.
3. You should hear the horn go beep after 10 seconds.
4. Once thats done, turn key off pull key out, press lock button on your key fob, the park lights should flash, and the horn should beep.

Let me know if that works for you.

What i do :
(Before i close the door when exiting the car)Press down the LOCK button on the door 3 times and then close the door, 10 secs later alarm activates automatically (lights flash and horn sounds)

rjs_boy
08-09-2013, 08:18 PM
Following the procedure Sleepy listed...you can change the setting to make the horn honk when you press the lock button on the remote.

Pretty sure this process is even in the owners manual.

Also, remember that all the doors have to be closed when you press the remote lock button for the horn to honk, _if_ you have it set to honk.

sleepyalero
08-09-2013, 08:20 PM
No, the door lock on thr driver door, not key fob.

xalteph
08-10-2013, 01:01 AM
Is it the same process to disable the lock noise?

sleepyalero
08-10-2013, 02:10 AM
Yes