Tweeters buzzing [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Tweeters buzzing

xalteph
08-11-2013, 02:38 AM
Both of my tweeters buzz when the key is put in the ignition. What could be the problem?

AaronGTR
08-11-2013, 07:30 AM
What year is your car? (you might want to add your vehicle in your member info so it shows up under your name ;) )

If it's an '01+ with the monsoon stereo, the door chimes are tied into the stereo instead of having a separate speaker like the 2000 and earlier cars. So if you put the key in the ignition with the door open and don't hear a dinging noise but the speakers buzz, then I would say your speakers are blown and need to be replaced.

xalteph
10-29-2013, 02:17 PM
I can hear the dinging noise by doing that. Also I noticed the door speakers hum quietly when putting my ear against it. It seems the buzzing/ hum happens whenever I put the key into the ignition and whenever the door chimes activate.

Also another question, are the door chimes supposed to sound different on a GT?

bricooper78
10-29-2013, 08:20 PM
I can hear mine turn on when I do that if I listen carefully, it's just a little interference issue, mine sound fine anyway, so yours could be blown, but it's not a forgone conclusion

xalteph
10-30-2013, 04:33 PM
How would I test each speaker to see if they are blown or not?

bricooper78
10-30-2013, 08:02 PM
Play music, use your fader to go front left, front right, rear left, rear right, and listen.

set the EQ to the middle, and play the same track over and over, if it's not clear sounding at a normal listening volume, it's blown.

or you can pull them out and test them with a multi-meter, but this way is pretty much easier lol